Nina's tumor..

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatPack

So today the 3 new kids went to the vet and upon examining Nina's tumor the vet said it was growing inward and had little nods or bumps on it and she also said that if we didn't have it removed rather soon that she may not be able to remove all of it...So we scheduled her surgery for next tuesday..of course the vet couldn't say for sure whether it was cancerous but the bumps concerned her and the way it felt like it was growing inward...She said that she would say it is a mammary tumor but again she had never felt one like that before. Anyone had a mammary tumor like this? We are guestimating that they are all 3 between 15 to 18 months old with Jack being maybe slightly older then the other 2.

My vet told me the same thing about Sonoma and it ended up being an abscess. From what she guessed something got under the skin and her body was encapsulating it. I hope your girl is the same.

Usually, with my vet's experience, when a tumour has "tentacles" as she calls it, it's usually a malignancy and the sooner it off the better.

She stuck it with a needle to see if it was a abscess but she got nothing, not even blood and it is solid..she had trouble getting the needle to go in.. But yea that yucky thing is coming off tuesday even if I have to sell my husband to pay for it all hehe :) Not getting the laser this time though so that will be 65 bucks I am saving that will go toward schnitzel's future neuter which he desperately needs, I am seriously one attack on his cage mate away from separating him because poor Harry is losing hair over it..he has to walk on eggshells or he gets attacked! anyway hopefully we get this thing off of her and don't have any issues from it in the future.

When I have a boy that bad that another is terrified the aggressor becomes a bachelor. I would separate and re-intro after the neuter. However, the last two brothers I had to separate because of this still cannot live together because the one that was terrorized now attacks the former aggressor despite having had a neuter himself.

The other night schnitzel went after harry during out time and it wasn't till then that I realized that harry isn't losing hair...schnitzel is ripping it out! he also left a nice cut in harry's back :( I can intro harry to my 4 boys and shouldn't be an issue as he has met them a couple of times before and other then being quite fearful of what the other boys were gonna do to him (they just wanted to give him a good sniff down) he did pretty good so with time I think that would be good for him. Schnitzel I tried intro once and well you can imagine how that went...worse comes to worse I can try and intro schnitzel after his neuter to the other two neutered boys. I will figure something out but for now he is a loaded gun! you don't know when he is gonna go off so it is only fair to harry to not live in fear all the time of course it doesn't help that he doesn't even try to defend himself...he just squeaks/squeals and let schitzel give him a beating :(

.....Nina's tumor that we thought was built up fluid that was taking longer to go away after her removal of the first one is now the same size as the old tumor in the exact spot and the skin looks dark blue/purpleish under the fur....Is it a bad sign if they grow back that fast after surgery? Kinda wish I had sent it off for testing now since we weren't 100% sure it was a mammary tumor with its tentacles and all or maybe she didn't get it all since it was so deep? We go thursday for her appointment but just wondering what I should be prepared for or if there is anything to suggest..She is still sweet as can be :) *sarcasm*

Back