Advise - odd behavior

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dspch911

So this might not be odd behavior, but I've never seen it before. As I've mentioned in another thread we're doing multiple intros at once. Its actually going pretty good. None of the boys seem to have any issues with the girls or vice versa. Lovee and Peanut are doing great together. This morning I put Lovee in Peanut's cage for a visit and this afternoon Peanut paid Lovee a visit in his cage - not a single issue. We then had them all out (minus Tucker - he didn't want to come out) Lovee did better today with Wally - after awhile he did bite Wally once, but did not break the skin. Lovee and Stewart didn't do so good - got into it once. This is what I've never seen before. After the altercation, which was a small rat ball before we covered them in towels, Stewart ran and cowered in a corner (and pooped). He just froze with a strange stare and looked terrified. He basically became a statue. Eventually I just picked him up and held him for awhile and then he got alone couch time. Stewart has never been with other rats other than the feeder bin he was rescued from. (Previous owner rescued him) Any suggestions? The girls, Peanut, and Lovee could definitely live together, but I'd like to get everybody to get along and move them all in at once.

Rats send out signals and Stewart was reacting to whatever signals the other rats or the alpha rat was sending. This is normal, I've seen this a lot. He should get better as the intros progress.

Rats send out signals and Stewart was reacting to whatever signals the other rats or the alpha rat was sending. This is normal, I've seen this a lot. He should get better as the intros progress.

ok, because he just seems like a terrified rat, unless he has something to hide in.

Back