Meet Jenny's Else - What a Little Caring Can Do - UPDATE pg3

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

She had been sick a long time, on an inadequate diet, lice, and no one caring enough to get her treatment because she was going to be 2 years old this summer. :( She didn't move, she just sat and tried to breathe :(

Roxy (now Else) went home with Jenny on Saturday. She was picked up by a good friend Lisa who took this video before Jenny arrived. We were all praying Else would survive 'til Jenny could get her grubby hands on her...

Note the pale and blue extremities...when I met her even her muzzle was grey with lack of oxygen. :(

I fell in love meeting her and she is going to be a very special girl that I will always love...I am thrilled Jenny has her. :D

After 2 days of good food, soft fleece, antibiotics and especially LOVE, Else has found a reason to keep fighting and this is half the battle with sick rats. Look at her tonight...WOOT! What a difference!!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym7ClFy0YqI&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

She is precious. I love her color. She has found the good life and she knows it. She was loving those head rubs!

What a change in attitude! So bright and happy in such a short time. And she looks pinker too!
Another sweet rattie that will know love and care in their senior years... :heart:

I am so happy you were able to take her Jenny. She looks marvelous and is right where she belongs :rathugz:

She is doing well still! Her breathing is still laboured bit she is bright and moving around. She likes being pet, but only for a little while. When she wants to go back into her cage she climbs onto my shoulder and waits for me to stand up and make a bridge from my shoulder to her cage with my hand. She then walks over my hand, into her cage <3.
I will try and get you all a video tonight of how she looks.

I love how bright and engaged she is now! Is surgery in the cards if her breathing gets better?

Those lungs will never be okay for surgery. She really SHOULD be dead, it's truly a miracle she's not. The aim here is keeping her more comfortable but even if you got rid of the active infection you still have a ton of lung scarring as well. She's one amazing special little girl. :heart:

Yeah, surgery will never be an option for her. Best to make her as happy as possible for the time she has left, and let her go when it is time. Both of these things are something that she will get with me, not where she was.

The good news is that her front paws are no longer blue! Her back nail beds are still a bit blue, but not nearly what they were when I first got her. We are getting there, slowly, but she is improving. She is still incredibly fearful though. She does NOT like to be picked up (I think its more fear of not being able to breathe) but she does come to the cage door. She also knows her name and will peek her head out of the hut window when I call her <3. I switched her meds to something different, and I think it is helping her :D

Yeah, surgery will never be an option for her. Best to make her as happy as possible for the time she has left, and let her go when it is time. Both of these things are something that she will get with me, not where she was.

The good news is that her front paws are no longer blue! Her back nail beds are still a bit blue, but not nearly what they were when I first got her. We are getting there, slowly, but she is improving. She is still incredibly fearful though. She does NOT like to be picked up (I think its more fear of not being able to breathe) but she does come to the cage door. She also knows her name and will peek her head out of the hut window when I call her <3. I switched her meds to something different, and I think it is helping her :D

That's great that she found her way to you guys and is now getting a happy ending or at least a happier one then she would of had. :rose:

Back