Balera's Surgery Day - The Day After After :P

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ouch!!! My God... That must be hurting!

I think that's a message to Dr Munn - "You didn't remove the whole thing, go back! I want all my chances to stay long and healthy with my great new mom!"

Ouch!!! My God... That must be hurting!

I think that's a message to Dr Munn - "You didn't remove the whole thing, go back! I want all my chances to stay long and healthy with my great new mom!"

Hahaha I wish!!!

Really it means, "I react really badly to the buprenorphine my great new mom hates so much"

Or it means "I am a picker, no matter what I have been given...I cannot help it new great mom!"

I spoke to Dr. Munn this morning about my concerns about the buprenorphine lately, and he is going to give this little one Torb instead and we'll see how she reacts. My guess is she will come home with an e-collar and be miserable for a day or so. Poor Balera. The other issue with her is you cannot keep her nearby to stop her picking. She leaps off tables, beds, chairs and off she goes, and she's not easy to catch once she's done this :p I kept Adira on the bed with me until she was through the worst of her pica phase.

Sure sounds like she is not ready to leave anytime soon! :thumbup: She does sound like quite a handful though! All in all, I think it's a good thing for my sanity that I didn't steal this one from you! :giggle:

Good luck!!!

She certainly knows how to wake you up fast on a Friday morning!

Hahaha, that she did! :cheeky:

Well we are home. Balera got put back together this morning, was not given buprenorphine but instead was given Torb, and she was still picking. Its just a bad spot for rats to open incisions on, right on their "knee" and it feels wrong when they move all the time. So poor Balera got a sock wrap and she's NOT happy :p

Feb2814Balerainhersock4.jpg~original

Feb2814Balerainhersock2.jpg~original

Feb2814Balerainhersock.jpg~original

the best wrap i did was under the front arms adn around the rib cage it totally stops the ability to bend to rip them out. When Julia chewed her nipple and an inch around it off, i wrapped her that way and she couldnt reach it. I was finally able to sleep.

Awwww, she looks so cute in that sock!

It looked like she just very carefully removed every little piece of suture. I hope you can keep her away from the sutures long enough for the skin to heal together.

Awwww, she looks so cute in that sock!

It looked like she just very carefully removed every little piece of suture. I hope you can keep her away from the sutures long enough for the skin to heal together.

NO sutures just glue.

Well she spent hours and hours sleeping on me, it really was lovely...I have barely been able to touch her before. I woke up, felt by my side and she was gone. But then I checked the cat carrier on my bed and she was cozied up under the fleece, warm and asleep. I would wake up and put my hand in the carrier often and she was always there. This time I reached under her and gently felt her incision...STILL CLOSED!! :bliss:

I am starting to think she's enjoying her little Bed Life right now. She went for a wander, fell off the bed, and I thought "oh no! she's gone!" Next thing I know she's back on the bed, staring at me with big bright eyes, then off she goes back to her fleece tunnel nest :D

Much much happier girl this morning, much much happier rat caretaker :thumbup:

Mar114Baleradayafter2ndop3.jpg~original

The incision is not as pretty but still closed well :D

Mar114Baleradayafter2ndop2.jpg~original

and she's bright and happy in her tunnel nest. <3

Mar114Baleradayafter2ndop.jpg~original

Both my little patients are doing really well :D

They are all out. Adira is not using her hind leg much at all, hopping around 3-legged. I am not sure if she may have sprained her foot and will check it soon. Any swelling and she'll be getting more blech-y metacam LOL

But she really isn't very grateful for her reprieve as I get a test bite LOL
Soooo glad she's here to do it though :heart:

Mar114Adira.jpg~original

Balera's bright and happy, and she's got a very very long tongue LOL

Mar114Baleradrinking.jpg~original

My little patients :D

Mar114BaleraandAdira.jpg~original

Adira

Mar114Adira2.jpg~original

Triese (am I in Puff Heaven?)
Mar114Triese.jpg~original

And Valene declined to be in the pics. She's the shyest, most timid of all, so we shall give her time to think about things :nod:

Back