Anyone in Toronto looking to adopt 2 males?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsalltoomuch

Hello! This Friday I will be bringing home two male rats from someone I found on Kijiji who was giving them away for free, either as pets or food simply because they are too aggressive

Me, not wanting the poor things to become snake food offered to take them in. But i'd really rather find a better home for them. I already have rats of my own and they are females. I just wanted to post this here in hopes of finding someone. Of course if I don't I will keep them until I do eventually find someone.

I don't have pics of them (I will once I get them on Friday!) But they are dumbos and are mostly black in colour from what I saw in the pics from kijiji.

:kisses:

Sorry for the delay, I have them now! Someone might be interested in adopting them but let me know if you would like them, I really want to find then a forever home. I can send you pictures of them if you want. They are black dumbos, one has white on his belly and paws and the other only has a speck of white on his belly.

Sorry for the delay, I have them now! Someone might be interested in adopting them but let me know if you would like them, I really want to find then a forever home. I can send you pictures of them if you want. They are black dumbos, one has white on his belly and paws and the other only has a speck of white on his belly.

Why not post pics here? Pics can help "sell" an animal needing rehoming :)

Okay, so I never realized until now that the pictures i posted did not show up. Here are a few:
tumblr_n28k1gPRNT1tsh2u8o3_500.jpg

tumblr_n28k1gPRNT1tsh2u8o2_250.jpg

PLEASE let me know asap if you would like them. I really want them to find a good home.

Well, what the past owner told me was this: she "rescued" them when they were 4 months old from becoming snake food and then because one bit her once she never touched them again and never interacted with them because she was too scared of them, so then she placed an ad for them to be given away as pets or as food (why rescue them then?)

Anyways they are getting better. They are still hesitant but will approach you but get scared when your hand is above them. The all black one is much more scared of things and squeaks allll the time. The other one is a bit more chilled and more dominant. They still nip if you aren't careful (I was only nipped when I picked them up from their old home) but they have bitten my boyfriend a few times. Not anything to painful and only a bit of blood. They have improved a lot though.

I made this ad because although I can care for them I would rather them go to a home where they would get even more attention and have more fun. I have my own girls to play with and it's hard for me to give these guys allll the love I want to give them. Of course I will keep them my whole life if I have to but they deserve way more attention!

You could try posting them on the facebook group too. It can be really hard to find homes. I was looking back on August for a home for two boys, fostered them, and ended up adopting them because I just couldnt find anyone. AND I fell in love and they got along with my boys. It can be very hard. Most of us are full of ratters.

My husband and I are in Kitchener and are looking to adopt a pair of boys. We've had good luck working with grumpy-butts before; we've got the time, patience, resources, and love to devote to them. Are they still available?

If you can bring them to Kitchener, we'll gladly pay your gas. If not, we can arrange to come and get them. What are you asking as an adoption fee?

Back