I found Blu-Kote (for bumblefoot) - BLUE FOOT PIC. :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratlover2013

I found it at my local co-op country store.
It's the spay one tho, which sucks. But we just spray it into a mason jar and dip a qtip in it then put my old lady on her back and just dab it on & wait a few mins for it to dry. My little old lady was so good while I did this.

Here is what it looks like for those of you who don't know.
bydeguhe.jpg

Glad you were able to find it. Don't ever apply it while wearing a dearly loved garment, especially if a rat is squirmy lol. That stuff leaves one heck of a stain. I have always had lucky finding it at our tack store, which was also great back when I needed ivermectin in a pinch.

temblabamomo said:
Glad you were able to find it. Don't ever apply it while wearing a dearly loved garment, especially if a rat is squirmy lol. That stuff leaves one heck of a stain. I have always had lucky finding it at our tack store, which was also great back when I needed ivermectin in a pinch.

Haha yeah the hubby has a blue thumb... :p

I did manage to find what seemed like the only bottle in the city several years ago. I'd give Dewy a spoonful of baby food, and while he ate, i'd take his little feet and put some on. After a while, when i gave him the food and came behind him with the Q-tip, he'd push out his little feet behind him for me. That was the cutest! So smart!! I know i have a video of it somewhere.
But, though i've only had maybe 3 rats with bumblefoot, and quite mild cases, i've never had success with Blue-Kote. I was very consistent with the treatment for months, but no change at all. Has everyone else had good results? I've heard grapefruit seed oil might work.

lap rats said:
I did manage to find what seemed like the only bottle in the city several years ago. I'd give Dewy a spoonful of baby food, and while he ate, i'd take his little feet and put some on. After a while, when i gave him the food and came behind him with the Q-tip, he'd push out his little feet behind him for me. That was the cutest! So smart!! I know i have a video of it somewhere.
But, though i've only had maybe 3 rats with bumblefoot, and quite mild cases, i've never had success with Blue-Kote. I was very consistent with the treatment for months, but no change at all. Has everyone else had good results? I've heard grapefruit seed oil might work.

I would love to see that video!

It's been a good month of more of treating Alexis, she still isn't 100 percent but it's getting there.

Back