Matilda's New Friend!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aida

Finally, I've gotten Matilda a friend! :joy:
Not that anything could replace my baby Charolette. And I cried horridly having to clean out Charolette's sick cage(witch was still equipt with her food bowl, etc.) to make a quarantine cage, but I know that Matilda will be happier this way. :x

Anyways, I saw this ah-doh-rah-ble baby at PetsMart while buying bedding. I think she's a blue satin dumbo(correct me if I'm wrong), but I haven't gotten a good look at her markings yet. She's still a small thing(looks ALOT bigger in the pictures, I know. She generally looks way different, like longer and slimmer. I dunno if it's just me, I'll post better pics later! Ha ha.). Anyways, I can already tell she'll be one of those laid-back, scritch-loving rats. She crawled in the fleece cube I gave her(witch Matilda ignored, lol) the second I put it in her cage, and she isn't half as skittish as Matilda was. She might even be my first rat to use my hammocks! :dance:
The newbie(help me pick a name!!!):

hopefloats said:
She is a cutie and Matilda needs a buddy!
She does. I'm happy that she was only with Charolette for a few days when she went to the rainbow. Didn't take it as hard that way, I guess... :(

I've been trying to get her a friend for a while now. But everyone I contacted over craigslist ended up canceling/not answering, etc. :?
There was another one like her at the store, except hooded. I had a hard time picking... All of them were goergous. There was also an older one with creamy back splotches on white, and a black and white hooded one. The last two were obviously older, so I asked the clerk what happens if they don't sell them for a long time. She said that one of the employees has rats, and if they don't sell for a long time, the manager lets her take them home. :dance: :dance:

Back