Velo's Intro Thread [Advice pls?]

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the vid, he doesn't look puffy. Also, the fact that he's eating, usually means he's in a good mood. I also notice the girls go up to him and if he was really a bully, they wouldn't do that. The girls look pretty happy. I wonder if he's trying to play, or his version of play which might include humping some girls. lol
And your stress level being through the roof is not helping him. But that's ok, you will get passed this as you keep doing this.
Sidling is good. We prefer that over any wrap.
It's funny how the video is not capturing what you are seeing. I've noticed this too when I was helping someone else once. You see him all stressed out and upset and from my perspective, he looks pretty normal.
That's awesome that he felt happy and popcorning. That is really progress.
It's so funny, seeing Pika trying to spring jump on the cage. lol
When rats get fixated... they sure keep at it. Jumping up the cage. I have that same problem here. lol
I bet it's just going to get better and better. The beginning was a bit rough but not too bad though.

I think I use some words differently than others would.
Like when he is puffy now, he doesn't get twice his size and huge, as most people would call puffy. Nowadays he just puffs ~a little~ and it's almost always in the beginning. I just note it because I can definitely see the difference, he looks "frizzy" in the beginning, at the end he usually looks all smooth and sleek.

The girls do go up to him, but they also will squeak and run away from him sometimes ... I don't think it's enough to make them unhappy or anything but they do try to escape him at times.

Ah yes my stress level was ridiculous, but to be honest, 99% of it had nothing to do with the intro. I had been excited and looking forward to it all day but something had happened on my way home from work and in the beginning of the video I was still recovering from a panic attack. I really didn't want to not do the intro though. /;

I do feel like I have to follow him around like that in the beginning of intros. I wish I could trust him but I don't like rat balls. :|

Sidling is good okay! I had heard of the term but didn't really know if it mattered. What about when he puts one arm on top of a girls neck and his head/other arm under her head? I thought that was weird.

I really do try to say what I think and what I see honestly, but I forget almost all of the time - Rocky isn't going to act the same way with his fellow rat-peers as he does with *just* me. I think you're right, he is being normal, but I'm reading it differently cause I'm forgetting to differentiate.

It was so cute watching him run and popcorn. It sucks it wasn't on the video, he was clearly in a good mood. ^_^ I know I mistook his running as ~anger~ before that, another example of what I was saying about me not always reporting the correct thought. XD

I'm happy we are in the rat room now. It's much more comfortable for me and takes less time for me to set up. I think they are happier in there too. Besides the constant stopping of cage jumping and peeling a squealing Pika away. XD

So for now we keep it the same as last night? I will hopefully be much less stressed out today !
I would have gone longer but Pika was driving me nuts with her jumping. XD

He puts his guard hairs up. A lot of boys dont puff up completely but the guard hairs on them stand on end making them look like a random porcupine. Patches does that and so did Trey, he hated me touching him. Going to watch the video now :)

Ah yah, that's what it was, you mentioned those before. That's all I really mean when I say "hes puffy" which I guess means "hes guarded" ??
Little Mr Sassy Pants
Gonna try and not intervene as much tonight. I tried not to much last night that's why a lot of it is "ROCKY ! no no!" or "good boy Rocky you got this!". XD
I'm just a helicopter in the beginning cause that's when he's usually a grump-butt.

I cant remember if I said it all in the video, but he and Rizzy did this super intense nose off and Rizzy "won" hehe. So he is willing to "lose" sometimes !

I didnt see anythng from that video that was major alarm worthy. I watch most of the video while I cooked dinner LOL but I may have missed some. It is harder to see it all there since the room is bigger.
Rocky was pinned here by these girls often. And they are not much bigger than your girls. The boys who use their guard hairs are the ones you need to watch, they are tricky buggers. Patches walks around wth them up constantly if he smells another rat. He spends all his time partially puffed. A fully puffed up boy you know will be an issue but the ones wth just the guard hairs have a sneaky turn to them. We have had a few of those boys here and they were tricky buggers. Trey was the worst out of them all. he would just have them up, if I touched him he would bite me LOL I couldnt even play wth him till he got comfy. Now he is a big old softy, I took those balls a long time ago :)

I do wish I could figure out a way to get more of the room on video. If I thought about it maybe I could figure something out hmmm.

The videos are boring which is good!
Two videos, had some issues at the end of the first so I had to start a second. The second one is completely uneventful. x3

Video part 1:
http://youtu.be/6xhFl2WBxc8

Part 2:
http://youtu.be/pwo7Ws3MtHA

Lots of me talking to myself and singing to the rats. XD
Check out the Wheelie Tail Butt @ 6:15 Peggy XDD
Love that tail ^_^
It's surprising the sound the video picks up, hope you guys like Seal's "Crazy" XD

You should do the intros when I come over on sunday :) then I can be there too :) I will watch the video in a little bit have to do my rounds and meds. I love their wheelie tails. SO many of their sisters have them as well.

What time are ya coming over on Sunday?
We can do intros when you're here fer sure. ^_^
I can order us a pizza, they can bond over trying to steal some from us :p

I love wheelie tails too! It's only Pika though. She's a health nut.

Theia was running in the wheel with Pika the other night, I kept trying to peak at them but they'd stop running every time I got close. XD
http://youtu.be/usN1XUPDBvE

I get off work about 1:30 pm maybe 1:45ish it takes about an hour for me to get there so around 3ish I think. I am gonna change at work so I will leave from there. It is about 30 minutes closer than leaving from my house.

Back