temblabamomo's rats

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In addition to all the newcomers this year, I have had to say goodbye to a lot of my boys. I think the last memorial I did was last August for Sidney, and may have mentioned some deaths in other threads, but can't remember. Hope to do memorials for all of these boys some day.

Moose - I mentioned in his medical thread earlier this year that he finally passed from PT. He was nearly 2.

Ox passed away just before new years, after having what appeared to be a stroke around Christmas. He passed peacefully at home, and was a day away from being exactly 2 1/2.

Jake was helped across earlier in the year after months of fighting respiratory illness with pleural abscesses.

Evandus, always the healthiest of my NHR boys and the presiding alpha of the group, came down with pneumonia around the same time as Mariel. She got better, he hardly responded at all to numerous abs (something that we encountered with the entire NHR group, unfortunately).

Mister Merle, also a part of the NHR rescue group, dealt with recurring resp problems and over the two years he was with me, the long term damage in his lungs became an issue. Steroids and nebulizations and abs gave him quality life for several months, but eventually we had to let him go.

Similarly, Tyrese of the NHR group had to be helped across as well. He had resp infections on and off since he was only weeks old, but with meds and therapy he lived a full, happy life, but I wish he had made it a little further than 2 years. He was such a sweetheart.

Little Mo, (Asmodeus) had just celebrated his 2nd adoption day with me when he passed. Cause of death unknown, although in his old age (2 1/2 years) he was slowing down some. Found him gone in his igloo one evening. Brother to Moose.

Stanley was the healthiest of all the NHR boys, so it was a shock to find him dead in the cage one afternoon. I found some crusty fluid around his ear and on the side of his face that had never been there before, so not sure what happened by maybe something in his head. He was such a big squishy goofball.

And only a couple of months ago, Malcolm had to be helped across. He was 2 1/2, and the last of my NHR boys. Like the others, he was a recurring victim of resp disease. Even until his last day, he was a sweetheart, always giving hand baths to whomever was holding him, including our vet.

Life aside from rats is good. Busy, but good. I am re-focusing my energy on school this semester and trying to dig in and try to finish up my AAS degree within the next year or so. I've really taken an interest in biochemistry over the past year and hope to get my BS in it at ODU when I transfer. I have Rat Shack on tapatalk on my phone at home, but find it too easy to get sucked in and spend all evening on the Shack instead of studying. But I do aim to start checking in more regularly. I hope all is well with everyone here :)

Such wonderful rats. They are all so sweet and unique. Great descriptions of them.
I'm so sorry for all your losses, it seems like so much. hugs

What a great update! I'm sorry you have had to say goodbye to some of your babies. Every rat you have seems to have an interesting story, and I can see how you couldn't say 'no'. Do any of them 'help' you study?

What a great update! I'm sorry you have had to say goodbye to some of your babies. Every rat you have seems to have an interesting story, and I can see how you couldn't say 'no'. Do any of them 'help' you study?

Lol you know they do Joanne! New boy is my latest tutor...
ae8ca228011d5bf0ed1176b381daf8fc.jpg
5939e3373cfab8ec23911fac661af416.jpg

Back