temblabamomo's rats

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am thrilled with the way my big group has meshed and bonded. They’re a ragtag crew – old man Helo, big Sid the Kid, the four wayward bubs, and the two wee buggers. The cage dynamic now is beautiful. And I’m SO proud of Helo and Sid for the way they have accepted these young whipper snappers. Not only have they accepted them into the cage, but they accept them as family, too. Sid has always been a loose cannon around other rats, but he has been amazing and gentle and tolerant and loving to these little ones. And Helo is in his element. Giving baths, keeping order and raising babies in general seems to be his real forte. I don’t know what I’d do without my little sunshine boy.

Helo, firm but gentle alpha :heart: "What's that you say mama? I can has babies to raise?"
p6230627.jpg

Playtime with Helo, Eugene and wee MooShu
p6140518.jpg

Baby Steven has no qualms about rudely walking all over his uncle Helo
p6230624.jpg

He finds big Sid endlessly fascinating
p6230621.jpg

Steven & Sid making splashies
p6230623.jpg

Vandy & Daryl showin' off their handsomeness
p6230625.jpg

Vandy & his wee pal MooShu
p6170532.jpg

Vandy and Steven…all that scampering wore the wee feller out
p6170567.jpg

Eugene adores his sputnik. It’s the only place he ever sleeps now lol
p6140522.jpg

Daryl
p6140521.jpg

Evandus Blue
p6140520.jpg

Big Uncle Sid sputniks, too
p6140528.jpg

Steven. Don’t let the innocent expression fool you. He’s a wee menace.
p6140524.jpg

Youngsters tucked in for the night, Helo gets some peace and quiet under the cage
p6170569.jpg

temblabamomo said:
I am thrilled with the way my big group has meshed and bonded. They’re a ragtag crew – old man Helo, big Sid the Kid, the four wayward bubs, and the two wee buggers. The cage dynamic now is beautiful. And I’m SO proud of Helo and Sid for the way they have accepted these young whipper snappers. Not only have they accepted them into the cage, but they accept them as family, too. Sid has always been a loose cannon around other rats, but he has been amazing and gentle and tolerant and loving to these little ones. And Helo is in his element. Giving baths, keeping order and raising babies in general seems to be his real forte. I don’t know what I’d do without my little sunshine boy.

Vandy and Steven…all that scampering wore the wee feller out
p6170567.jpg

3 in 1 Chew Treat - NO! Don't chew/eat these adorable cuties.....♥

Wanted to update on my group of seven boys from the Norfolk House of Rats. They're about six months old now, and have grown like little weeds. Annoying, misbehaved little weeds...They have learned to love Out Time on the floor, althought they're still getting the hang of some of the rules and regulations regarding such freedom...Their uncles Sid and Helo moves out a couple of months ago, and I've been watching them try to sort out their own little heirarchy now that the adults are gone. I think Evandus is a front runner for alpha. The little ones groom him, he gets first dibs on food, when he's in a mood they all stay out of his way...he isn't keeping harmony very well, but I think he's just now starting to learn that keeping the peace is also one of his jobs. Hard to peacekeep when you're only 6 months old and full of bouncey energy.

Steven
pb140982.jpg

pb141014.jpg

Steven with his PEW minions, Daryl and Tyrese

pc070034.jpg

pc070033.jpg

Big Daryl

pc071170.jpg

Tyrese

tyrese3.jpg

Tyrese and Mr. Merle, mama's boys

pc071179.jpg

pc071178.jpg

Quiet little Eugene

pb140993.jpg

Evandus…what is his color? Blue agouti?

pc071174.jpg

pb141015.jpg

Eugene, Evandus and MooShu, always the first out of the cage for Out Time

pc070035.jpg

And of course, a rat pile - Eugene, Merle and Daryl

p1011087.jpg

And of course, I can't forget these two goofballs. Sidney and Lucky have really hit it off. I love these stories. Lucky was alone and friendless, Sidney had just lost his uncle Helo...instant happy bond between these two pals, who both sorely needed a friend.

Lucky: Do I hear treats??
p1011066.jpg

p1011068.jpg

p1011069.jpg

Big Sid the squish
p1011079.jpg

p1011081.jpg

:thud: So many handsome little fellas. Evandus is truly stunning what an amazing colour!
You must be one proud rattie Mumma with all those lovely munchkins.
Thank you for sharing them with us. :wink2:

temblabamomo said:
dspch911 said:
temblabamomo said:

Oh no, I hope that spider on the bowl didn't get him....sorry, but that thing just freaked me out.... They have gotten so big and simply adorable!!

Lol, no. I love that the spider ended up in the picture. I caught him and put him outside after.

Oh good, that thing looked huge in the pic..... must of been hungry too....

Hey Tembla,

I tried to open the photos of all your sweetie pies but none of the photos would open up? Is it my computer maybe, or are the pictures expired maybe?

Hey Tembla,

I tried to open the photos of all your sweetie pies but none of the photos would open up? Is it my computer maybe, or are the pictures expired maybe?

Hey - I haven't posted photos in a long time, all of those links are old. I requested the thread title be changed as I plan to update, just haven't gotten around to it today. Thanks for checking though!

Been awhile since an update, busy with work, school, etc.

My NHR boys are adults now. Daryl is not doing well, and Steven and Merle are treating for resp. Tyrese is still going strong, although he gets the snuffles in and off.

Daryl and Ty
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411448957.329413.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411448983.663374.jpg

Mariel and Steven
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411449004.829638.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411449021.699745.jpg

Steven
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411449037.718157.jpg

My pews - Daryl Ty and Mariel. I will be so sad when Daryl leaves this trio. He is so strong but fading :(
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411449056.900404.jpg

Merle and Stevie Wonderrat
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411449125.789729.jpg

Beautiful little Mariel, who celebrates her 1st birthday this Sunday
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411449157.525587.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411449198.662516.jpg

Evandus, alpha dog of the cage
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411449226.181401.jpg

Back