Should I...?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well we're defiently getting them tomrrow hopefully in the afternoon! Should be really exciting!!! Course me and Lars will have to work with them to socialize them up, but I'm sure they will come around. We're confident!

We're going to pick up our new boys today! Here's a video to keep ya'll waiting on pics!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWTGXjhXrF0&index=68&list=PL492C8A35C8F8CBF4[/ame]

They are home! Turns out these guys are only 3 months old! Also one of the little guys, with a black tail mark (permeant marker to help tell them apart) appears to have a slight winki problem since his neuter, the care giver said it had just happened today and she was more then willing to keep them longer to make sure it was ok, as it was more likely due to pressure pushing it out. But I inisisted we could handle it with lubricant and metecam which she provided. She expects it should clear up within a couple days, but if not we'll meet half way so she can take him to the vet. Other then that they are safe and sound and here they are! We call them the Delancie brothers now!

This is "Discord" named after the chaotic character from MLP FIM by me!

And this is "Q" named after the Star Trek character by my husband! He's the one with the winki problem

Discord again! He's so curious!

Btw I'm still not sure on the color but their care giver suspects that they might be a rare Russian Pearl color due to their black eyes.

I noticed in the camera they may have super dark ruby eyes... so what does that make them? Mink?

Oh and here's a vid of them!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgq-m8dKpco[/ame]

They have defiently fully recovered! But they are still extremely skittish of being handled or hanging out with their new mommy and daddy. Though Discord has defiently improved a bit with being handled, Q absoluetly hates to be picked up or handled, but it's not been a week yet since they been here, gut tells me aside from the shelter, they've not been worked with ever (considering they were gonna be snake food!). They may be a tiny challenge, but me and my hubby are confident we'll win them over.

Back