Random Thoughts - The Sequel

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If she is not a cat...and she is a girl...child really needs to see someone specializing in cosmetology or plastics cuz she gots ears growing from the top of her head, facial hair, presumably fangs, clubbed feet and hands, and a vestigial tail. Also hypertrichosis.

If she is not a cat...and she is a girl...child really needs to see someone specializing in cosmetology or plastics cuz she gots ears growing from the top of her head, facial hair, presumably fangs, clubbed feet and hands, and a vestigial tail. Also hypertrichosis.

Apparently, she's a little British girl named Kitty White. Now, I've never been to Britain, so I have to ask - do little British girls look like Hello Kitty? :crazzzy:

Apparently, she's a little British girl named Kitty White. Now, I've never been to Britain, so I have to ask - do little British girls look like Hello Kitty? :crazzzy:

All I have to add is:

KMG - if you are able to post to this thread, why the heck hasn't the Whatzit thread been updated with new puzzles?! you're killing me here!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :hithorse:

All I have to add is:

KMG - if you are able to post to this thread, why the heck hasn't the Whatzit thread been updated with new puzzles?! you're killing me here!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :hithorse:

I might post another puzzle soon... :evillaugh:

On another note, I thought this was kind of a cool story:

Waterproof iPhones? Pull the otter one: Otter Starksy dives to retrieve gadget for staff member after it fell into the pool

With an expensive phone like that you otter be far more careful.

A staff member at an animal sanctuary was left gutted after dropping her beloved iPhone into a pool until it was swiftly retrieved by a helpful otter.

Jenny Lewis feared the gadget would be lost for good after it fell into the murky depths at the Cornish Seal Sanctuary, in Gweek, near Helston, until Starsky the Asian short-clawed otter sprang into action.

Nine-year-old Starsky, who arrived at the sanctuary in January 2009 with his brother Hutch, dived down to the bottom of his tank before hauling the brightly-coloured handset to the surface between his paws.

Starksy calmly handed it back to its speechless animal care assistant owner before casually hopping back into the water.

article-2770748-21AC3ECB00000578-440_964x571.jpg

I'm so nervous, next week on Oct 2nd I will be passing out leaflets and fasting, on World Day for Farmed Animals

I just signed on to be a mentor thru Vegan Outreach, too, I'll be mentoring someone who wants to become vegetarian or vegan.

I keep doing those FB quizzes where they come up with what your perfect job would be, and for me it always comes up Social Activist
:wow:

I don't understand why, I normally just go along with the crowd, don't like to stand out or rock the boat, but I admit when I have strong feelings or beliefs about something, I do want to share them. I just don't want to get hit over the head for sharing them :giggle:eek:r worse, lose friends.:pale:

I don't make ANY judgements about other ppl not eating meat, I did so for more than 50 decades myself.
But now that I have seen what is wrong with that, I know I personally have to do better (when you know better, do better, as Maya Angelou said)

so, please wish me courage! I tried to find someone to hand out the leaflets with me but so far, no luck. there's 200 of them, it may take me more than one day!!

Last edited:
I think even people who still eat meat could participate. I eat meat, but I do my best to purchase pasture meats or at the very least, free range. The quality of the short life they have here on earth before serving as nourishment is very important to me.

Good luck :)

Agreed Sheldon! Its all about appreciating the source of food!
I'm not religious but we thank each meal as a sacrifice for our lives and we buy local from a free range high quality care farm. We know those animals live the most natural life and meet a humane end as to give life to our bodies.
Even my dogs eat the same as I have worked for pet food companies and seen the garbage that is put into it and can only imagine the animals life before it was carelessly thrown into dog food. (Sorry if that was graphic for some of my vegan peers)

the more people join in, the better. It was a long journey for me, and while I always had this feeling deep inside that killing animals for food wasn't a good thing, I didn't want to think about it. and when I went grocery shopping, I think there was a voice inside me saying, what the heck, it's already been butchered, may as well continue to eat it. I especially loved butter and milk, but now that I understand what happens to the cows, I can't touch the stuff.
I have more than one reason for being vegan, so I think in some ways that makes it easier for me. In short simplified terms I'm doing it for starving children/people, for the sake of the planet/environment, for my health and last but not least, for the animals.

My own doctor discouraged me from this diet- she's bought into the myth that we need animal protein to survive. We don't. or should I say, the vast majority of people don't. Most people, vegan or otherwise, get plenty of protein, what most ppl dont' get enough of is fiber. That surely was true for me!
now I get a lot of fiber and I have a very tasty diet with more choices then I ever imagined.
There aren't enough days in the week to fit in all the recipes and yummy new foods I want to try or eat again!!

I tried to be a vegetarian back in college. I did it for 6 month and got so anemic I had to repeatedly visit the Dr for blood levels. I know how to get more iron. Not an issue. Probably a big part of my issue is the fact that I'm allergic to all nuts. Kinda throws out a whole protein source there.

I don't eat nuts either. Don't like them much. There's a lot of other foods to eat. If you are looking for protein, which we don't really need all that much of lentils, beans, soy, tempeh, tofu, edamame, potatoes, rice, vegetables... :)

I tried to be a vegetarian back in college. I did it for 6 month and got so anemic I had to repeatedly visit the Dr for blood levels. I know how to get more iron. Not an issue. Probably a big part of my issue is the fact that I'm allergic to all nuts. Kinda throws out a whole protein source there.

Thanks fo making me crave edamame!! I bought a bag tonight and between the rats, dogs and I we polished it off. Everyone loooved them. I haven't had them in a long time.
Tomorrow EGGPLANT for the first time :)

Currently fostering 4 sick adorable young energetic boys... it amazes me that boys born in a feeder breeder environment can be so socialized and love humans so much! Not sure I have ever had rats craving human attention so much before!

Getting the best of both worlds - 4 crazy young rats, 4 older, calmer rats plus 2 very needy oldies that I bound so strongly with - and dearly paying the price. But sooo worth it when I see how happy those babies are! Zooooooooooooooooom!!!!!!!

Currently fostering 4 sick adorable young energetic boys... it amazes me that boys born in a feeder breeder environment can be so socialized and love humans so much! Not sure I have ever had rats craving human attention so much before!

Getting the best of both worlds - 4 crazy young rats, 4 older, calmer rats plus 2 very needy oldies that I bound so strongly with - and dearly paying the price. But sooo worth it when I see how happy those babies are! Zooooooooooooooooom!!!!!!!

Having a balance of oldies and babies really does the soul some good.

Back