Random Thoughts - The Sequel

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They did a great job with the 'Shawshank Redemption' too. :D

I've never seen that movie.

I was thinking more along the lines of 'Christine' and 'From a Buick 8' - although I couldn't remember either story name until I looked them up just now! ;)

I didn't forget Christine. Well, actually I did, but I remembered later on. :mrgreen:

This forum software definitely has some weird quirks. The quotation in my post (from a couple posts back) isn't complete and it makes it appear that I said something that I didn't. While that's not a big deal in itself - in this instance anyway - add in some of the other strange quirks and using this software can get a bit irritating at times! :|

you accidentally give your cat your blood pressure meds and instead of calling poison control or your vet, you post to an email group asking what to do

srsly?

you accidentally give your cat your blood pressure meds and instead of calling poison control or your vet, you post to an email group asking what to do

srsly?

Just so there's no confusion, Petunia is not referring to me. It's just coincidence that I was the previous poster. :nod:

oh gosh I'm sorry, this is random thoughts and I was being pretty random... never crossed my mind that someone would think it was a response to a previous post, sorry!!

yeh I was just venting. some things just boggle my mind, and that was one of them. Sadly I see it all the time now that I belong to a bunch of animal care message boards, etc- people will post things about a pet who is clearly in need a emergency care and I'm sitting here screaming at the computer screen (like that's gonna help LOL) "got off the computer and take your pet to the vet NOW!"

sigh

in this case the person emailed later to say she figured she must be mistaken about her mistake, the cat seemed fine so maybe she just gave him his own meds and not hers

:/

Oh Petunia :( that's horrible. Yes some people seriously need a smack up the side of the head...sigh. It is a random thought thread, but good god woman...back story can be very essential! Hahahahahahahaha

I always knew that elephants were large animals, but I guess I didn't realize (or remember from seeing them in the zoo) just how big they really are, until I saw this photo:

elephant-on-car.jpg

This photo, from an article here, shows an elephant in Pilanesburg National Park in South Africa, apparently using a car to scratch an itch.

"The elephant rubbed against and sat on the roof and hood of the VW Polo, extensively denting the vehicle, smashing out all the windows, blowing out all four tires, and breaking the chassis..."

I just learned the hard way that dog and cat chew repellents can also repel humans! Get a little too close to that stuff after you've sprayed it (I applied it to a paper towel) and it will coat the inside of your nose and throat and leave you gagging! :eeek:

I just learned the hard way that dog and cat chew repellents can also repel humans! Get a little too close to that stuff after you've sprayed it (I applied it to a paper towel) and it will coat the inside of your nose and throat and leave you gagging! :eeek:

Do we wanna know why...??? haha

Do we wanna know why...??? haha

It seems that you want to know why. ;)

It's not a very interesting story, but you asked for it...

I have a large bulletin board on the wall behind my freezer. One of my cats indulges herself in one of her favourite pastimes by jumping up on the freezer to access the bulletin board. With all my papers now at paws-length, she conveniently sorts, shreds and relocates everything to the floor.

As if that weren't enough fun, she finds the thumbtacks to be a source of incredible amusement. Unfortunately for me, once they no longer pique her interest, it is apparently acceptable to randomly discard the thumbtacks across the floor - pin side up, obviously.

So, I thought I could spray some cat repellent on a few paper towels and leave them draped over the freezer as a means to discourage cat. Cat was not discouraged. :crazy3:

Dash cayenne pepper or just regular pepper - THAT should deter her :)

I've had many cats over the years, but I've never had one this determined before. She's extremely sweet, but very stubborn. For whatever reason, she's drawn to the bulletin board. I've learned from experience that she always ends up getting what she wants in the end no matter how long she has to wait. :suspicious:

Back