Radar behaviour and pics

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lilspaz68 said:
Maybe we should ask Spazrats?

I was thinking along the line of Bach's Flower Remedy, etc.

I PM'd spazrats and got this answer...

spazrats said:
Yes, use the Rescue Remedy on the frantic boy, but also give the RR to the others who are disturbed by his behaviour. It will help them all calm down and be less stressful to the situation. If the RR doesn't work then there are more specific remedies for moods and such, but I will need specifics on their behavior and what their feelings might be.

spazrats

Hmmm...maybe I should try it on a few of my beasties. :scratch:
Sooo since my credit card is kaput, who wants to order for me and I will paypal them the money prior? :cheeky:

http://www.ratz.co.uk/ratintro.html

Adding a little rescue remedy to their water, about 4-5 drops can also help relax the rats.

http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/254282
asked every one what could I do to calm him down?! It was said to use some good old-fashioned Rescue Remedy. For those of you who don’t know, Rescue Remedy is an herbal flower liquid that you put in your drink to relieve stress. I learned it works great on rats! I put 5 drops in his water bottle, the rat experts suggested more but I didn’t want to overdose and kill him so I put 5 drops and not 12!

5 drops worked great! Bo calmed down immensely, hid during thunderstorms but didn’t throw a fit and didn’t mind going away from his cage! Of course Rescue Remedy pretty much lacquered him up and he acted pretty dopey but at least he wasn’t biting off his toes any more. He had bitten off 4 or 5 toes right to the very foot when a thunderstorm came last time around!

according to ratguide it should be in your first aid kit but they don';t tell you doses
Bach’s Rescue Remedy (anxiety and shock)

I found this at craftyrat.com

http://www.craftyrat.com/Merchant2/merc ... ry_Code=BK

Sorry Jo I am at work, I'll try for better info later. :)

I know I've used RR before... I just for the life of me can't remember where we got it. We had to use it for our dog because he'd get so anxious in the car. I'll ask my parents and see if they remember.

I had called it Bach's Rescue Remedy. Then he asked if it was for me. I told him for my rats and he basically treated me like I was nuts. After that guy, I didn't ask about it, just looked for it in the other stores. :oops:

I have heard that Rescue Remedy works well but should be used sparingly due to its high alcohol content.

I don't know much about the effects of alcohol on rats though, it might have just been someone being paranoid.

I closed off my triple FN, since I've only got 12 oldies in that cage now, they have plenty of room with the two levels. So... Radar moved in the bottom. He has a whole level to himself.
He popcorned so much, almost looked like he was binkying like a bunny. I let him out to play and he didn't want to come out. He would step out and run back in his cage. Too cute!
Tonight, I'll get pics. :D

Aw I remember when I put Hazel and Ruby in their new cage they didn't want to come out either.

What a cutie, can't wait for pics.

In regards to Rescue Remedy... I BELIEVE that in the organics/holistic section of Loblaws there is another version that isn't specifically Rescue Remedy. But I am unsure as to what the alcohol content in that is.

Back