Here come the R.I.B.! Meet Agent J and Agent K.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boggling is when a rat's eyes sort of bulge in and out very rapidly.

They do this when they are very content or happy and it can be one of those things that happen sometimes, or once in awhile, or for some ratties, often...it just depends.

It can be hard to catch your ratty doing it as it is usually very fast and can sometimes just last for a second or two. But it is another endearing trait of rats. :)

I think you could type in boggle or boggling on the forum search window and see a few videos people have taken of their ratties boggling. It is amazing and so cute. :)

Boggling is ridiculously cute! Burke (the huge blue fellow in my avatar) was the first one we caught boggling. He was really obvious about it. Even when he was an old man and very close to the end, he would lay in my lap for petting and boggle away. Couldn't do much else, but oh man, could he boggle.

Sometimes Clint and Agent J will boggle in stereo. It's a lethal level of cute.

Agent J and Clint getting some serious cuddling time together in the UFO:

BothboysintheUFO_zps0de140e1.jpg

Breaking Rat News: Difficulties arise with hammock-cuddle bed operation

Rat engineers were baffled today when attempts to stash the cuddle bed (like a small, fleecy cat bed) in the lower blue hammock were met with failure. Despite his best efforts, project manager Agent J was unable to store one inside the other, no matter how fervently he pushed their edges together.

"At first we thought it was a nestcloth imbalance, so we moved some fabric around," he told reporters. "That's usually the first thing we try. It didn't seem to work this time. We're no further ahead. It's a bit like trying to fit a Sherman tank into a water cooler."

Efforts to stash the cuddle bed continue, though many bystanders fear that the operation will be unsuccessful.

Ohhhhh, that news report just made my day, and I smiled so big..thank you for that, I needed it!

Hoping for an update on the ongoing hammock project, hee hee! :cheerful: Good luck to you, boys!

Back