*gag*a new Toronto Breeder - Trisha's Pets :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt they all go to true homes. Just because you don't sell them as pinkies doesn't mean they won't be food. I had that guy just last week wanting to buy my old big deceased rats as food for his snake

My guess is that some of the "undesirables" are actually culled, as is common with any place breeding what they would consider to be livestock rather than beloved pets. :( :( :(

She was advertising like crazy on kijiji at the beginning. There are always people on kijiji looking for rats and when it says *breeder* they think the rats are going to be awesome, whereas when they see *rescue* i imagine many people think the rats are going to be problem rats and not want to deal with it... Especially new rat owners.

I've gotten replies to my kijiji ads from rainbow rattery, trishas pets and jazzed up rattery looking for rex, dumbo or hairless... they really do just breed any rat they can get. I feel like ripping their heads off..

A few weeks ago I was visiting a friend's place in toronto (as I am from orillia) and someone brought to our attention a craigslist ad where someone had dumped rats in a field outside the spca. We had our suspicions about this, but attempted to contact the poster for the location, long story short he said someone named 'trish's rescue' took the one survivor. Now, I tried several times to contact this person to no avail...something very shady on this situation.
I thought it had all gone by the wayside...although I had meant to further email the poster about the contact for whoever had the rat, to ensure that it was now safe...when someone redirected me to this lady's facebook page, thinking she is the one who took the rat. So, I messaged her, telling a short synopsis of the incident and asking if she knew of this or had such a rat. She said she did not, but that she is trying to rehome her remaining 3 males as she is preggers and didn't want to keep them because of that. I am planning to contact my vet who maybe in the market to adopt a few...I am thinking that if I take some into that office (where they are normally fawning all over whichever rat I'm bringing in) that they may be able to get a really nice home out of the deal.

Last edited:
You are sooo sweet but Trisha is not trying to get rid of the rats she has, she's selling them for the same price. She is always into it to make money, she takes in rescues, keeps the pretty ones and dumps them in with the boys.

A baby in her care had a litter right after she was weaned...but that's ok because she was high-white and pretty. :(

She handed another litter, dad and babies to another breeder who is selling them, and mom, and keeping dad, I guess because he is blue?

Trisha also breeds hedgies, shall I go on?

Do a search in the forum under Rainbow Rattery as that is what she has changed her name to now.

Back