Deep bite help!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She is making all kinds of whiney noises over this wrap. She's grinding her teeth a lot too. I hope the meds kick in soon.

I would suture as well but not tightly so that it can drain or suture good but leave a small hole. And no more intros. Whoever did this, is aggressive and I wouldn't subject anymore rats to her except the current buddies.

EDIT! didn't see the last page... that looks good and it should heal up well.

I have tried on 4 different occasions in neutral territory to intro these two GIRLS. I have another thread on here about it and how aggressive Penny is being. The others seem fine with the newbies now. Tonight's intro even involved a tub with water in it.

Ya, I know... it's too bad but I wouldn't continue intros anymore. Is Penny living by herself now? Just curious but is she spayed?

I have tried on 4 different occasions in neutral territory to intro these two GIRLS. I have another thread on here about it and how aggressive Penny is being. The others seem fine with the newbies now. Tonight's intro even involved a tub with water in it.

OMG, that poor precious nakie! I don't like your other rat right now either... I'm glad your a nurse - I assume like us if your're going to stitch it you'll need to do it within 24 hours. I hope nothing is damaged underneath.. That poor baby, but you did a great job putting it back together. That looks more like an avulsion than a laceration. I too would be worried about the skin curling and shrinking... MANY MANY HEALING VIBES TO HER - is that Sheldon?? :grouphug2::grouphug2::grouphug2:

No it's my new baby, Raj. She is only about 13 weeks old. Wth am I supposed to do with queen bee? She is already spayed so short of antipsychotics I don't know what to do.

My vet mentioned the possibility of trying an implant on my aggressive boy so perhaps you could ask you vet about that?

Wow I never seen a girl that mean that would make that much damage. I assumed it was a boy because boys are usually guilty so no neutering wont help :) Is the mean girl spayed? maybe you can find her a neutered male to keep her company. My mean girls always took to a neutered male. Just a thought :)

Is Penny living alone now? How old is Penny? She's definitely wired wrong. In the past I would mention getting her a big old man rat but she can do damage with him too.
Sometimes it's finding the right one that clicks with her but then you have to go through a lot of rats for that and that's not fun or fair. Is Penny a nakie too? Can we get a pic of Penny? Just curious to see what this little queen B looks like.

She is spayed. She doesn't have any issues with the resident rats at all. She's just aggressive towards newcomers.
I will get on here with my phone in a bit and post a photo. She is the rat that nearly died a while back and I took her to the ER in the middle of the night.

The 4 rats I already have get along fine with her, although she's been a little irritable with them too since the newbies came. I will have to ask about hormone replacement.

tabedybe.jpg

This is her yesterday all puffy.

he8a4ysy.jpg

This pic isn't clear but it's another bite to the other new nakie.

remu3ugu.jpg

This is her normal self.

If the wound edges are holding together well with the steristrips it should heal okay.

As for your Queen B, some rats are like that. I have a neutered boy here who adores his 3 girls, but will try to KILL any other rat he meets, female or not. Lovely Rizzo was wonderful with her 2 sisters...a real sweetie, they didn't even have scratches on their nakie selfs which is so unusual with 3 girls. I figured she would be an easy introduction...nope. She said No More and she's actually bitten and scratched me up when I had the smell of other rats on my hands before.

I would remove all newbies that are setting her off so no more injuries occur especially with the nakies having no fur protection. I think that cage is now capped, with your girl making the decision.

Back