Bumbles - Abscess update 1/6/14

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dspch911 said:
Joanne said:
dspch911 said:
Joanne said:
Poor baby, give him extra kisses and snuggles from us for being so brave. :heart:
Nice pics though! It's very satisfying to get all that crud out from under his skin. You'll probably find that the hole closes up overnight.

It seems to have scabbed over already. It didn't seem that large of a lump to hold all that - hope it doesn't fill back up. Emailed the photos to the vet. I thought perhaps I squeezed something I shouldn't have since it was so think. Didn't smell bad though
Maybe it was more of a keratinous cyst instead of infection...

Does that mean I shouldn't of squeezed it???
The crud still needed to come out, one way or another. :nod:

I just realized Bumbles does not have an appointment tomorrow so I called to see if he can take GMC's place since GMC was only suppose to go in if anything changed with him and nothing has. Now they are making a big issue out of the fact we are seeing both doctors tomorrow!! This crazy receptionist has to ok everything with one of the doctors now and he is in surgery. I have no idea what the big deal is - I am taking 2 of the boys in to see one doc and bf is taking the other two to see the other one. :gaah: However, I do know he looked over the pictures I emailed him and now I have to wait for him to get out of surgery and call me back about seeing Bumbles - apparently about this appointment in general....

That stuff was just dry, thick, and nasty. It just seemed like so much for what size the lump felt like.... I looked ok this am, closed up, but I thought I might of still felt some in there - will look closed when I get home. Suppose its kind of gross that I put it in a baggie in the fridge to take with to the vet tomorrow! Although it did dry up sitting around.

Just got back from the vet and he said I did a good job of cleaning it out, but he was able to squeeze more out as it is possible filling again or just more left in it. Seems it was some kind of cyst, cannot remember what he called it. No smell and it doesn't look infected so just going to watch it for now. Didn't want to spend the $100 to have the goo analyzed.

temblabamomo said:
It sounds almost like a keratin or sebaceous cyst. A really really big one. I hope it doesn't come back.

Sebaceous cyst that sounds about right - think that is what he said

Back