Why don't people take care of their animals!!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarah

So i was talking to Joey's dad yesterday about the rats and how expensive vet care is and such; just having a normal old conversation when he tells me he doesn't remember the last time the familys two cats (Whitley and Downey) were to see a vet. Whitley eats, and then an hour later throws it up, and Downey (the long hair cat) has too many giant matts to count. He also told me that when their old cat Pebbles (NOT SPAYED) got pregnant THREE TIMES, each time he brough the kittens down to the pound. Not a shelter, a city POUND. The pound is meant for lost animals, not i'm-a-stupid-pet-owner-who-shouldnt-own-any mistakes. All thoes kittens got put down, cause if their not claimed in 48 hours, their euthenized. He also said they've never owned a dog for more than 2 months because they gave them all away. One female dog he ADOPTED was sick and bleeding from her vaginal area so instead of taking her to a vet he put her in a box and put the exahust (sp) pipe in the box and GASSED HER! I just sat there is disbelieve, said nothing except for "are you proud of that?" got up and left.

What the hell?! If your going to own cats, CARE FOR THEM! Or any OTHER animal your going to care for. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I told him if he ever was going to give Whit and Downey away, or gas them, for god sake give them to joey and i. And i don't even LIKE cats that much.

Joey and I made an appointment for Downey to get skinned down, and get all thoes horrid massive, uncomfortable matts in his fur that have been there for about 2 years. I hope the skin underneath is okay..

Sorry for the rant; im just rotted to no end.

How awful! :rant: I think it's the law to have to sign a contract when you adopt an animal saying that you will take care of them. I'm overjoyed to hear you and Joey are willing to care for them.

I know how you feel :(

I used to volunteer in a vet clinic near my parent's house, back in High School when I wanted to be a vet. One day, a woman brought in her five month old puppy, and wanted us to euthanize him because - get this - he was peeing on her floor.

I was LIVID. You don't have a freaking baby and expect it to use the toilet when it's a few months old. WHY would you expect that of a puppy? Anyways, she left the puppy there. Another one of the workers took it home to foster him until they could adopt him out, but ended up falling in love and kept him. At least that story had a happy ending for the puppy, but some people are just freaking ridiculous.

That is absolutely disgusting...they should be reported and never allowed to keep animals at all...I'd love to shut him in his car with the exhaust pipe going ¬_¬ no actually, that'd be too gentle for him. I can think of worse things that should happen to him but I won't say.

You're a saint for taking in these cats, their lives are going to change for the better now thanks to you :)

WOW!!!!!!!! I just dont know what to say! :redhot:
How could you murder an animal like that and live with yourself! :gaah:
I think I would have lost it on him!
I give you credit for bitting your tongue. That couldnt have been easy!

If i had said something, i would have been kicked out. So i really had no choice.
I was as mad as all of you though, i guarantee it. :redhot:

The sad part is... there are people like him all over. In fact, I'd say the majority of people are not careful and considerate of their pets... they are easily disposed of. It's a sad cruel world.

I hear ya. I got my baby girl Kiva from a place where they had cats only because they needed them to kill the rats :shock: :sad3: in the horse barn and never fed them, never had them fixed, and never fed the bunches of kittens they had either. These people breed XL dogs, napolean mastiff bull dog Xs that usually ate the poor little kitties. One day Kiva poked her head out so, one of them grabbed her and I immediately took her home, she was only app. 2 weeks old. I had to feed her with a syringe for weeks, didn't know if she was going to make it and look at her now.

God I dont know how you could have kept quite, I sure wouldnt have been able to do that.

I hate how people seem to think animals are just disposable or accesories. They should all have the basic right as we humans do.

So glad you got an appointment for the matted cat. He will feel so much better :thumbup: .

I was so in shock when you told me about this the other day, Tara.

My Dad is the same way...Kinda.
He has killed a litter of kittens before, but I think that is it.
Either way, I could tell her regretted it by the way he talked when he told me about it.

I was still really mad at him though.

There was a stray kitty coming around the house a few years ago, and I kept feeding her some of our cat food. She looked like she was pregnant, and I assumed she had kittens somewhere.
Yep, she did. She decided that our back patio was a safe place for them. We took care of these scared kittens and my Dad found homes for them. I was really surprised.

Latest posts

Back