Sneezy

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rattikins

Okay, so Lily is in her new house and, while she had stopped sneezing for the most part, now she is sneezing more than ever.

Is there anything I can do, beyond giving her the prescribed meds (baytril and doxy for those who dont know)

I just feel so bad for her.

Is sneeziness a possible BEHAVIORAL issue? She just seems so sneezy...

Let me know what you all think.

You guys rule :)

What are you bedding her on? You've had her for 2 weeks? And she has sneezed the entire time?

I would bed her down on clean fleece washed with no-scent detergent...or quality white paper towels, remove everything to figure out what is causing the sneezing.

Do you have candles burning nearby, do you have anything scented?

I would try what lilspaz has mentioned first... the meds should do the trick, if there's nothing around her that could be causing it, it could be just who she is. Our Sven was like that. A sneezy boy, always was.

See if you can think of anything scented possible. Perfume, candles, plug in air fresheners, anything that could possibly be like that. Have you changed the bedding? What do you use for bedding? Even the smallest thing can cause it.

Great News guys!!

Lily is starting to improve!! :joy:

She has finally stopped sneezing, well maybe one sneeze an hour!

It took about 3-4 days of the baytril doxy combo to help her out.

She looks good, and has doubled in size!! Yay!! :)

Latest posts

Back