Please Help

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miya_Moo_Chu

Hey everyone it's me again, and I have a quick question!
Ok, i'm trying to make a rat hamock out of an oldddd towel... And i was wondering, is this safe for them? Will it hurt them?
If you have any feedback, please tell me, i tried to search on Google, but couldn't find anything...
thankies!

love,
Miya

As long as the towel is not too frayed, it's ok for a hammock. Just make sure their little claws don't get caught in the loose threads.

If the towel is terrycloth or has material their toes can get caught in, then not a good idea.

I have used dish cloths, and dish towels for hammocks. I believe some people have used placemats.

Looking forward to pictures once you are done.

I will not put towels in my cage. Wayne had an old tee-shirt that he ripped up and put in the cage. Ruby caught her toe nail in the fray and ripped her toenail and made her toe bleed. Not serious at all but she was not impressed, and voiced her displeasure. So we took those out. If they get their toe caught in fray from a tee-shirt I won't put towels in. That's just me. Old towels are great for cleaning cages though.

OK! thank you, i was going to use a placemat, but my mommy wouldn't let me, so now i'm going to use an old old cloth, that she used to dry our plates with.
Thank you though, i'm glad i didn't put it in there! i wouldn't want them to get hurt...
although i did make it already... damnit..
Half and hour of waste. Oh well.
Thanks tho! :lol: 8)

You could always get some fleece or an old pillow case and kind of sew it on top and around the corners so their toes don't get caught. That's what my girlfriend and I did. There's towel on the bottom some stuffing in the middle to make it comfy and then on top we got these pillow case and different kind of cloth on the top. These are what we did. Just an idea.

100_1596.jpg

100_1594.jpg

Back