Old rat and colour morphing

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jorats

Loving rats since 2002.
My old girl Loki is 45 months old now, the oldest rat I've ever had, my second oldest was Bijou, she left me when she was 41 months old but there was never any changes to her coat colour so this is pretty new to me.
Loki has started to change colour, I wonder if this is something with age? She's a beige berk but now seems to be changing into a vibrant fawn? :shock:
And it's not all over either, maybe it's just beginning on the tummy and chin.

I've been washing her everyday now, and more and more it seems to be truly part of her fur. I wonder if she will stay like this or change yet again.

Now, I've googled this...and nothing has come up, I've decided to give it a name since I may very well be the first one to notice this.
I'm calling it... the Sweet Potato Stain. :lol:

Ya... she likes to nap in her baby food... silly girl.

Lokisweetpotato2.jpg

OMGosh silly old Loki. It looks like someone dragged her through yellow paint. Maybe she's looking for new look, you know how us girls get with our hair and sometimes we have to make drastic changes to it. :wink:

hahahaha so cute!! Sweet oldie girl! That's some crazy pigmentation in the fur! As soon as you clean it, the colour returns over night.. super fur!! But at least she's napping in yellow and not brown which would be a bit gross to say the least!.... Do you warm her food up Jo? If so, the old girl's probably just loving the chance of a warm bath! xx So sweet! :D

Back