My new puppy!! - Flight arranged for Tuesday :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, got it sorted out over the phone with the breeder. She's making flight arrangements for Tuesday, so fingers crossed the weather will be nice! :) My money order still hasn't arrived, were giving it a few more days and if it doesn't get there on Monday we have an alternate plan. But the alternate isn't very fun because it involves going through Canada Post to get a refund/replacement money order. :doh:

Unfortunately I didn't know that you could actually get registered mail - so I can't track the letter. Next time I send anything I'll know better, but there isn't much I can do right now. I can only really phone to confirm that it hasn't been cashed yet, and after 50 days of the purchase, and after filling out forms for Canada Post to investigate can anything be done. :(

I'm hoping that it will arrive by Monday so I can avoid all these problems, but I really don't know why it is taking so long to get there. Me and the breeder are at a loss at what to do, so were going to have to wait and see if it turns up. If it doesn't then I'll be investigating further. I have my fingers crossed that it will be delivered either tomorrow or Monday, and that the post offices are just being very slow. Sometimes things get delayed, and I think this happens to be an unfortunate case of it. :sad3:

At least we went ahead and are making flight arrangements for Tuesday, so asides from the missing mail issue, the rest is up to the weather right now. I'll be happy when this process is over and done with and Breeze is home with my family and Cody.

Don't mind me and my ranting to myself, I just need some way to put down my thoughts.

My frustrations continue with my mail having disappeared into thin air, and the airline we were planning on using putting a restriction on animals flying at the moment (ie. meaning they aren't shipping at all right now, they will revise the restriction on monday which doesn't even help us out since monday is the day with the nicest weather). Theres only three airlines that will ship animals from their airport, so hopefully one of them will let us book a flight.

I won't hear from the breeder until sometime after 1:30 pm, the wait is killing me. I just want to figure something out right away, since the weather looks good on Monday.

I tend to overthink situations - I think I've been through every single possible scenario in my head, and I wasn't able to sleep. I don't know why I get so worked up, it leaves me exhausted and tired, not to mention sad, angry, and grumpy. I'm trying to keep my hopes up and think positive, but things are just not turning out the way they should, and more complications keep arrising.

Part of me keeps wondering if this is all going to fall apart. I'm so in love with Breeze, I don't plan on giving up until we've searched and tried every possible avenue. The breeder doesn't like one of the three airlines because of a bad experience, but its looking like that may be the only airline that will be able to ship. I'll just have to wait and see.

Unfortunately she's too far away to go by other transportation methods. Airline is the only possibility, so I'm just keeping my fingers and toes crossed for some good news today. Sometimes it just feels like I'm cursed, and everything that seemed so simple is now just so complicated. I'm trying not to jump to any conclusions yet, I'll wait until after she's called all the airlines again since when she contacts me were going to figure out what I want to do.

YAAAYYY!!!!! My money order finally arrived in the mail. Jeez, only took like... 11 days. I'm so glad I don't need to worry about that anymore, it was supposed to have arrived in 3-6 days.

No word yet, she's going to spend some time tonight phoning the airlines to try make a reservation. I have my fingers crossed that one of them will allow her to come home to me this Monday. :praying: I'm hoping that I get good news, since at least one thing has gone right today. I'm just so relieved that out of everything, my money is safe.

Got a flight booked for Tuesday. She should be coming home very late tomorrow, since the flight doesn't arrive until about Midnight :shock: Thats okay though, I'll be taking lots of photos on Wednesday since it'll be her first real day with us. Now I just have to wait!

The man on the phone that the breeder talked to kept going on about calling the canadian food inspection to get her inspected, blah, blah blah...but makes absolutely no sense in comparison to what I've read. I called them and they said as long as she has proof of her birthday and appears healthy that is about all they need. She has a health certificate, so that is more than adequate from what I've been reading. I also visited the Canadian Customs website and they stated clearly on the website that puppies under 3 months don't need anything special, other than being healthy. So I have no clue where the man in the states was getting his information from.

So fingers crossed for a safe trip for her, and that everything works out fine with her coming across the border!

Lol, that would have been funny :D I didn't get to talk to him though, the breeder did.

Leaving in 20 - 30 minutes to go get her!!

Latest posts

Back