My friends new rattie

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dahlas

My best friend Beth has two older ratties...one is Bambi a beautiful PEW she got with the help of SQ.....and the other on is an agouti hoodie named Marilyn....over two weeks ago Beth rescued a little girl who was brought into the shelter after being saved from being snake food.
Beth doesn't know how old this little one is. I took pictures of "Robin" the first day Beth got her...today, since her 2 week quarantine period is over I took 4 of my babies down to Beth to meet Robin and play with her....Everything went great Robin, Maisie, Nellie, Hazel and Heather had a great play.....wrestling, running and finally curling up together in a heap and having a nap together. But I had a surprise when I saw Robin, who i haven't seen since Beth first got her........Robin was a beautiful fawn hoodie.......now........well look and see.......also compared to my 5 week old babies how old do you think this girl is?????

Can't tell in these pictures but her whole head was fawn......
ROBINBACK-1.jpg

ROBIN-1.jpg

Now........

animals001.jpg

animals014.jpg

animals019.jpg

animals022.jpg

animals023.jpg

animals028.jpg

animals034.jpg

animals038.jpg

She still has a faint hood and the markings on her back but they aren't as dark.....her nose and by her tail is a dark color and the hood and markings on her back are fawn colored....wood she be a Siamese or a himi?

I wonder if she is what is called a Triamese. I seem to recall hearing about rats who start out with a hood that fades.

She's a very pretty little girl!

Beth wouldn't happen to have room for a couple of other older girls? There are two beautiful girls available for adoption on Halifax kijiji. They are probably well over a year old, but I don't know for sure.

Robin looks like she could use a young friend.
Two younger girls in rescue section needing a good home too ... presently living in what looks like a hamster cage :(

Plus the two litters of babies in your area ... and the two litters of babies on Halifax kijiji in need of good homes.

She is very pretty Jo....is that what she is a himi?......cool.
What is the difference between a himi and a Siamese...and any guesses how old she might be...Her marking just showed up two days ago Beth said....I don't know if that helps determine her age.......
Isn't it neat how she can get points after looking like a hoodie.....
Beth thought she had a dirty nose....looked all over to see how she had gotten so dirty...hahahaha

If she just developed her points, she might be 6 weeks old. She may completely lose her hood stripe.
A himi is white coat with points and a siamese is a cream coat with points.

The two litters that the people I knew had are all gone....they said they found homes for them...I called to offer my help...it was cooly turned down...when I asked what had happened to the babies they said "they all found homes" when I said "good ones I hope"
they said "good enough". :( ..not sure what that meant but they didn't seem interested in talking to me about it....
There is only so much you can do....with idiots......sorry couldn't hold that in........

Isn't it funny to develop a hood and a strip down her back and then points? She still has the back markings and hood but beside that she is pretty white looking......she is very pretty.
She is a bit bigger then mine...they are 5 weeks so I guess she could be 6 weeks.....what a shame that means Beth got her at 4 weeks old....poor little baby.

Siamese and Himis have an underlying marking same as pews. So some of them are born hooded, berk and so on and go on to develop their points and lose their markings as they molt like at 6 weeks.

My bijou was a berk as a baby. So this means if I would have bred her to a black berk male, I would have siamese if dad carried it but i would also have lots of hoodeds and berks. Ideally, to get the strong siamese points, you want to breed a siamese mom and a very dark self dad carrying siamese.

Latest posts

Back