Meet my wild rat friends! :)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oibeerpunk

I'm so lucky because as well as the usual gathering of birds and squirrels in my garden each morning waiting for breakfast we also found theres a whole family of rats who live near my garden and have started to come by everyday! The little devils are always chasing the birds off the feeding table for food!

We even found a baby rat who appeared to be lost one day! After a quick check for any sign of illness or injury to the little fella, we got a few images and then put him back near the rat hole where the rest of the rat family come from!

Hopefully i'll get some more images up of the rest of the family!
but heres some of the little one! anyone estimate how old it was? didnt have its eyes open though!

Oh and just to let you know! we've seen this little one again (now much bigger) so we know he was eventually re-united with his family!

:ratwave:
l_5f5dcf7a75580a2efa6394a1d7858d4a.jpg

thank you! :D

i first seen a one of jo's videos on youtube which led me to this website!

i think this is a such a great thing you have set up too! so much helpful info on here as well, as im hoping to buy some pet rats in summer when i move out!

Oh my, what a most beautiful little thing!!

I truly love watching wildlife around our home. We have a squirrel living in our shed and she has her litter with us too.
It's truly a beautiful thing!!

That little baby has the fattest little muzzle that I have ever seen. He looks like a mini-bear.
Love the mum eating from the bowl. How close were you when you took it? I am so surprised that she just stayed put and continued eating.
Very darling.

Vanessa said:
That little baby has the fattest little muzzle that I have ever seen. He looks like a mini-bear.
Love the mum eating from the bowl. How close were you when you took it? I am so surprised that she just stayed put and continued eating.
Very darling.

we were maybe just a couple of metres away when that pic of mom was taken! i usually sit behind the back door which is just glass and if you sit still they will come out for a while and you can just watch them.

I think that our neighbour killed one of the family though because she always puts poison down and one of the rats went missing last December after looking very ill! Most of the rats just come to our garden though because they know we feed them and don't bother them! i think they might live in my next door's garden because he has tons of land which is just overgrown and never disturbed!

I love watching the wildlife too, including the wild rats. Your wild ratties are lovely. Mother rat doesn't look too shy though in that picture.

Oh, and I forgot to say :welcome3: to the Rat Shack.

Dewi

Latest posts

Back