Lmao meat= cannibalism

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph

Someone on the rat fb group I follow asked if it was okay to feed their rats little shrimps from her old turtles leftover food.
Suddenly people are saying that feeding rats meat will result in cannibalism... Wtf... Rats are omnivores... Then they are talking about dogs becoming blood thirsty killers if they are given meat...
Lmfao.

weird ..... it will not result in cannibalism
but they don't need the animal protein,
it isn't healthy and they do need low levels of protein

Yea I know about the low protein. Mine hardly ever get meat. Only on special occasions. Like Thanksgiving.
But the cannibalism is lol

My dog is on a raw diet and she couldn't be farther from a wild beast. She is terrified by the rats, has never put her teeth on a human except for my friend the groomer who cuts her nails lol but she doesn't chew on her sisters leg or hunt the rats for meat!
My guys have gotten chicken before and other then a few instances of natural reactions to deceased cagemates (which scared me at first) they don't attack and kill and eat each other.

I feed my dogs raw all the time and when I first started I had family and friends saying it was going to make them vicious and don't do it cause they'll get a taste for blood -_- I even had a dog trainer tell me not to feed raw..... Oh and because they are two dobermans and a pit it's even worse to feed raw cause they are already aggressive breeds.
40b3afba4ccb5e3c70a072a200775413.jpg

7205a8a259a86457d70c7079026cf8c4.jpg
4fd28b266f4858fd59ff4cb1bae83e39.jpg

Last edited:
Just a heads up, its one thing for us to speak about feeding meat but the second photo of your beautiful white dobe with the chicken foot in his/her mouth might be a bit sensitive for our vegetarian/vegan friends.

Just a heads up. As you're kinda new on the forum we have a lot of vegetarian and vegan members and its just pretty obvious what your dog is eating. I'm fine as I'm exposed to much worse and not a vegetarian.
If you use the web browser you go to the post and click edit. If you use the Tapatalk app then you tap your post, a little 'pencil' appears at the top right, tap that and you can remove the image.

Back