Delilah's Posturing.....R.I P. Sweet Girl

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharlees rattakisses

I have noticed in the last week that Delly has started to "bump" her head up constantly.
I thought that it was because I was petting her head but she does it repeatedly when she is by herself.
Neurological?
Any idea's?
Also she can't hold body heat.
I can't use a heating pad as Philbert and Reggie are mad chewers.
They won't cuddle with her and if they do the boys squish her flat or molest her.
she won't eat more than a few bites
I want her to be warm and toasty as well as full.
Any help would be appreciated. :heart:

I'm going through suspected PT right now with my boy, Puzzle. I'm so sorry, Shar. I really hope that's not it. Shelagh asked me if he was head bumping into my hand when I stroked his head, which he is, and seems to be a reaction to the pressure in the brain.. Will she eat baby food & how? PT seems to mess with coordination. See the way Maya's eating? http://ratguide.com/health/figures/pitu ... gure_1.php I'm glad that she can still hold food!!

Thanks for the video Cigar. :heart:
Her behaviour reminds me of Jeramy but Delly only shows a few like the head butting, chewing instead of licking.
It seems to pose to much of an effort. :(
I wish she would just sleep and not wake up...
My poor sweet girlie :hugs:

I know what you mean. We all find a sense of peace when we're asleep. No confusion, no pain. Just dreams of yogies, in a rattie's case.

Maybe it was a stroke? Sometimes they can still gather their marbles.

Back