Chronic diarrhea :/

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

temblabamomo

Little Mo has developed ongoing diarrhea. He used to only have loose stools when he was stressed, but now it's all the time. I've ceased giving him anything but his Oxbow to eat, thinking fresh veggies and treats were upsetting his tummy. He is otherwise bright active and happy. His brother Moose is my chronic pooter lol so I guess these boys just have delicate tummies. Anything I can do to help Mo start having more normal poos? I have beige carpet and scrubbing rattie mudbutt out of it is the pits...

Hope your boy feels better soon and your carpets hold out. My Kona has diarrhea from time to time and I thought cleaning his fleece lined DCN was bad :lol6:

Might be worth trying a different rat block if you can. How wet are his poops? I'd be worried about dehydration. You could also try giving him some pumpkin puree, see if that helps at all, or perhaps probiotics but not the kind in yogurt, dairy is not good for rats.

Mamarat says: I had two nakies which chronic diarrhea. Vet suggested pumpkin puree and just their blocks, no treats. And after a month of this diet, it worked but I still had to be careful with how many veggies they ate.

I'm posting for mamarat because for some reason, she can't post using her iPad. :stupid:

Mamarat says: I had two nakies which chronic diarrhea. Vet suggested pumpkin puree and just their blocks, no treats. And after a month of this diet, it worked but I still had to be careful with how many veggies they ate.

I'm posting for mamarat because for some reason, she can't post using her iPad. :stupid:

Thanks Jo and mamarat. I'll give that a try.

Latest posts

Back