2, possibly 3 pairs of males looking for homes, Montreal, QC

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victoria

I looked on Craigslist last night and was shocked and saddened (not too many rats ads on Craigslist) to see these ads. It's almost moving day (the vast majority of leases here end July 1st) and I'm sure there will be more rats looking for homes before then. I know we are looking for more rats in the not too distant future but not right away as we need to save to speuter whomever we take in and make sure we have a cushion for any additional vet costs.

There is a possibility these are the same pair, the two neighbourhoods are very close together and the descriptions sound similar. I contacted the second poster to get more info and to find out if they posted both ads but no reply yet.

http://montreal.en.craigslist.ca/pet/2364784651.html
Hi I am looking to give my 1 year old rats a good new home as I will be moving this summer. Cage and accessories are all included FREE. Both rats are male and in good health but i want to be sure that whoever gets them will give them a good home and not mistreat them or use them for experiments or anything of the sort. They are friendly and cute and and easy to take care of and it is only because I am moving that I am looking to give them up for adoption. Please only serious inquires only.
Thanks

http://montreal.en.craigslist.ca/pet/2364296585.html
Hey everybody,

So here's my issue. I currently own 2 pet male rats, I've had them for over a year now. Shortly, I'm going to be moving around a lot and I don't think I'll be able to realistically keep my rats. This would normally not be a problem, just sell them right? Well, the issue is, one of them is sick, he has frequent mycoplasm flareups and has bumblefoot (foot infections). (The other is seemingly healthy). I took him to the vet a long time ago, and got antibiotics that cost a pretty penny. About a month after the treatment, his mycoplasm symptoms all came back. I'm not about to spend hundreds of dollars I don't have to keep my rats 100% (especially since I'm a student). Now, he's been continuously having flare ups for a few months now, and seems to be doing alright still, he eats and drinks and everything. So what do I do with them? Who's going to want a sick rat?
I also have lots of supplies to sell off, but I need to make sure my rats are taken care of first.

My main question is this:

What should I do about my rats?

Also, is anyone interested in taking them off my hands? The rats would be free, but all the supplies would come at a (fairly cheap) cost.

These two are definitely a different pair:
http://montreal.en.craigslist.ca/pet/2355308142.html
Hey,

I've had these little guys for about a year now, but I'll be leaving Montreal soon and need to find a place for them. They come with a cage, hammock, water bottle, a ton of bedding and whatever leftover food/treats I've got to give. They're really friendly and have pretty distinct personalities which I think is pretty neat and both are males so you need not worry about baby rats.
I'd like to recoup a bit of the cost of the cage so I'll say $40 or any other reasonable offer.

Unfortunately I don't have a car, but I can help you walk them.

Let me know if you're interested.

Another heartbreaker! I am over my number right now, and Chester hasn't even moved into the CN yet.

To top it all, the second pair (third posting anyway) looks like Mac and Pollux... I am going crazy right now and May is such a busy month for me... argh! :wallbang:

There are so few postings for Montreal on here and I feel so guilty everytime one comes up that I cannot help!!! Neverminding how I felt when I went after Chester and that accidental litter from carbonmmonoxide got posted... :oops:

I know the feeling. I really wish I could help but now is not the right time for us either. If the person I emailed writes back, I'll send her info on rescues/shelters where she can surrender to if she can't find homes.

Back