Welcome scardy no name girl

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried to get some belly pics..she is acting fine today well with addition to loving me rubbing my face on her haha

IMG_1242.jpg

IMG_1248.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

Ok well once she is done toying with my emotions haha I will hold off till babies are weaned if it doesn't get worse but she has to give me babies first!!! I know I am being impatient but I have my heart set of cute little squeakers! I prefer she didn't have any but the bigger her belly gets the more I wanna see babies lol or she could be like isabell and just be a curvy girl..That rat looks like she is gonna pop any second but she isn't preggo and vet said she didn't feel anything off in her belly, she is just a plump girl :) We wait and wait...3 new baby girls and the other 19 rats will keep me busy :)

Still no babies.....Gonna just wait it out I guess and if no babies in 2 more weeks then I will start introducing her to the older girls :)

We were up half the night trying to chew our way out of the cage!...now she is rest but not sure why she wanted out so bad..

She was chewing the bars..I kept checking through out the night..she even bent 2 of them! She wants out of that thing and I don't blame her because it is tiny but the only thing I have right now that is a little bigger has 1 inch bar spacing which we can't have little babies in....If she can just hold on another week or so then she can go to the bigger cage and be introduced to the older girls in the CN..

whoa! big belly! If she's pregnant, I bet she delivers in the next couple of days

I haven't ever seen a pregnant rat in real life, just photos, but wow, she sure looks pregnant to me

She is very fuzzy :) She is going to hate me more than usual today because I have to clean her cage and even though I give her the option of leaving it while I am cleaning she would rather stay and try to eat my hands....I was really hoping no babies but I am about 98% sure at this point that we are gonna have babies in the next week or so...

She definitely has a runny nose as well.....she just woke up and I could hear it gurgling in a bit....

Nope...no babies...will be 3wks on tuesday since she got here and her belly doesn't seem to be getting bigger anymore...Just watching and waiting still but at this point I don't think we are gonna have any babies :) kind of disappointed but more so relieved :) though little fuzzy babies would have been the cutest haha

Tomorrow marks the 3wks mark for Gypsy and I am debating whether or not I want to take her off baby watch and start intros with the older girls or wait another week just in case....I really do think we dodged another baby bullet :) Not sure how we have gotten this lucky thus far *knock on wood* I'm sure she will be very happy to be out of that tiny cage!

So Tuesday we hit the 4 week marks for gypsy girl though I had already moved her into the older girls cage and her and isabell are bffs now :)

IMG_20150701_154131.jpg

IMG_20150701_153817.jpg

IMG_20150701_153649.jpg

IMG_20150701_153559.jpg

IMG_20150701_153520.jpg

IMG_20150701_152802.jpg

So happy for her :) I did have to remove gabby our original girl out of there cause she just does not like her no matter what I do at intros she goes after her sooner or later...which is not gabby at all not sure what is wrong with her lately she has been acting like her daughters just not accepting of anyone new. She was one of the calmest most care free rat I have ever met...guess age is getting her. So just the 3 girls in there for now but hoping I can put raven in there since she is calm to help me not have 6 girls stuffed in a scn..

So the other say I made the mistake of letting gypsy on the floor with her cage mates in trust that she was comfortable enough that I wouldn't have to dig her out from under a cage or from behind the couch and she did great! Came when I called her and let me pick her up :) but I have created a monster haha she now thinks every time the cage door opens she is getting to run on the floor.. Silly girl!

IMG_20150718_013942.jpg

IMG_20150718_013915.jpg

IMG_20150718_014717.jpg

Back