(VANCOUVER) Baby rat with megacolon

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all so much for your responses and helpful information. I appreciate it so much. I woke up this morning and Becca was horribly, horribly bloated and there was diarrhea everywhere. There is no doubt in my mind it's definitely megacolon. :( I brought Becca in, with Marley, today to the West Boulevard Vet clinic. Dr. Michelle Coombe was so great, and it was such a peaceful passing. She fell asleep from the sedative while snuggling with Marley.

For anyone in the Vancouver area, I definitely recommend this vet. I will definitely be taking my boys there in the future. She listened well, was super gentle and really loving towards Becca and Marley and I was also shocked by how affordable it was. It came to $38 for euthanasia and cremation.

Marley is playing beside me right now. Waiting to hear back from SARS about a more suitable foster home for her, hopefully asap.

I'm glad you could help her on her journey and end her suffering. She is saying 'thank you' from the Bridge, pain-free at last. Hugs to you and her sister.
:hugs:

Back