TW: Sphynx had something come out of a lump she had help??

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharp

My rat Kola who I adopted from unknown origin has had a little lump on her back right leg for about a week and today I saw that it was scabby so I decided to try and clean it and add antibiotic. When I added a small amount of pressure this thing started coming out, the “scab” was a side of it that was drying. I don’t know what it is or if it will come back, help!
Also: I cleaned my hands before touching her and there was no bleeding when it came out, just some clear puss
Aftermath and the unknown object
. A412D4FB-BE21-4BD6-B39C-FC8DEAF78BF8.jpeg80087A6E-860B-485E-BC5E-10EAD71901CB.jpeg
Before
1AB242A4-70ED-43BC-97EF-8B5EB03750D6.jpeg

Attachments

• D76C736E-D010-48B0-9180-626B2CE9D4D8.jpeg
    D76C736E-D010-48B0-9180-626B2CE9D4D8.jpeg
    808.6 KB · Views: 0
My rat Kola who I adopted from unknown origin has had a little lump on her back right leg for about a week and today I saw that it was scabby so I decided to try and clean it and add antibiotic. When I added a small amount of pressure this thing started coming out, the “scab” was a side of it that was drying. I don’t know what it is or if it will come back, help!
Also: I cleaned my hands before touching her and there was no bleeding when it came out, just some clear puss
Aftermath and the unknown object
.View attachment 16577View attachment 16580
Before
View attachment 16582
It looks like an abscess that her body walled off on its own! Incredibly common in rats, even more so for hairless because of the lack of protection, just keep an eye on it, flush it out if needed but otherwise it should heal in the next few days with no issues.

It looks like an abscess that her body walled off on its own! Incredibly common in rats, even more so for hairless because of the lack of protection, just keep an eye on it, flush it out if needed but otherwise it should heal in the next few days with no issues.
Thanks! I hope so, I’ve never had hairless rats and only recently found out about their extra health problems since I adopted her on a whim but she’s a strong one, the wound from the abscess is almost closed already, it has a clear sort of scab and it has minimized in size 😁💜

Back