The Boris Boys - New Photos 9/3/14

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heyyy! Thanks for the links Dspch, I found it, yay!

Omg, your boys are such cuties AND their names are all so perfect for them! Love the names! Torres is such an awesome name.

Before Marc and I decided on going with the Greek/Roman theme names for our two boys (Achilles and Maximus) we almost gave them a Spanish themed set of names...we wanted to name one of them Montoya and that was a far as we got...Torres would have been so cool too!

Love your little bubs and sigh...dumbo ears...heart melt!

There is also this one - poor Peanut, its graphic
http://www.ratshackforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30546

We've had these guys almost a month and we still haven't named them :emb: They still stink too .. today might have to be bath day and see if that helps. They finally just started playing with the hanging toys. Out of all my boys they are the first ones to actual play/destroy this http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=5059+5648+24444&pcatid=24444

They sure can eat .... its so funny to watch them when they get fresh veggies/fruit. I'm sure most of it is new to them. We have one that just empties the bowl to see everything inside it. Goof! Hubby put oats in with their oxbow the other day - big mistake.... they took out all the oxbow to get the oats. (that's what the small bowls are for!) We have another GMC in this group - no treats, they aren't healthy!! Nothing, not even yogies...

Anyway, we're still calling them the nakies, Boris's, and daddy calls the dumbos "his floppy ear boys" They need names.....

Haha, my Moose does the same thing with bowls of food, tips the whole thing so he can root thru and find the tastiest pieces more quickly.

#4 looks like a Pringles....not sure why but that's what came to mind!

No way, seriously? Omg, I have never heard of that before!
(My husband is a pushover too, but I think he and I are both tied for Pushover of the Year....oh who am I kidding, I win the prize.) :p

Here are some new photos of our Boris boys! They are still the stinkiest boys ever!!

IMG_7904_zps9617f786.jpg

IMG_8111_zpsec9de16b.jpg

IMG_8102_zps00b61ed5.jpg

IMG_8101_zpse89e0d39.jpg

IMG_8082_zpsf0a69808.jpg

IMG_8011_zpscf37fad3.jpg

We have come up with some names Sneezer and Yoda for the dumbos. Then we have Streaker (for obvious reasons), Birney, and Newton. I'm still open for suggestion though.

They may be stinky but luckily smell doesn't ride internet waves so all we are getting is cute!

Ha ha, true enough Sheldon! Good point. ;)

The nekkies are all adorable and I love them to bits (as everyone else does!). The pictures are great! Quick question, since I have never had a naked rat before...you said they were stinky and I was wondering if that is something particular to hairless rats? My fur boys have never smelled bad or anything...do hairless rats have more of a smell than furry ratties? And if so, is there a reason for it? I am so curious!

Last edited:
The nekkies are all adorable and I love them to bits (as everyone else does!). The pictures are great! Quick question, since I have never had a naked rat before...you said they were stinky and I was wondering if that is something particular to hairless rats? My fur boys have never smelled bad or anything...do hairless rats have more of a smell than furry ratties? And if so, is there a reason for it? I am so curious!
I don't think they are stinkier, but because they have bare skin you tend to stick your nose right into them and inhale (AKA rat huffing). I have noticed the boys do smell a bit differently from the girls. But not bad. :)

My other two don't stink - these guys stink!!!! I think its their poo, but some is them. They weren't in the best living conditions the house was dirty and the smoke smell and covering was :sick2:. I have no idea what they were being fed, but I would think that would be out of their systems by now!! I'm going to have to give them baths...

Aww, poor guys...I am so glad they are with you now!

My husband and I unfortunately are smokers :rolleyes2: but we are very strict about keeping that away from Achilles (and our former ratties of course).

We never, ever smoke inside and if one of us goes out to have a cigarette, we cover up with something to try to keep the smell off our indoor clothes and always, always wash our hands with soap and water after having one, before we go near our bubs.

Exposing ratties (or other critters) to indoor cigarette smoke is so unfair to them (and it would make our house stink too!)

Back