Surrogate mom

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
27d52613a5ffa7f4aa60b07cce93d2e8.jpg

Plus one more cuz I didn't realize she wasn't done..,

How precious. <3 One of those babies has the most beautiful head shape.
We'll be in the same boat here soon. My two pregnant girls were due yesterday.

In all of your litters, how many babies are you up to? I love little eepers.

Wow so many! Makes me feel so devastated that there are actually people out there still intentionally breeding when we see all these cases of rescue babies. ):

They look great though, all the best to you and mommas and babies!

Congratulations new momma! Here's to your last litter and a new life.
Sheldon, you just need two triple critter nations - one for the girls and one for the boys.
Good luck lining up homes for the babies!

Precious sure, but they are just like any other kids...INTO EVERYTHING! As soon as I have eyes and ears it will be everything I can do to keep up with them I'm sure.

So with everything going on with Sheldon I was kind of leaving mom and babies alone. Turns out there are 14, all with dark eyes.

Well she does have *14* babies to keep safe from the evil humans...

That middle pic is a great example of milk bellies. :). Doesn't it make you wonder how in the heck one rat produces that much milk?

It is truly amazing what a rat mom is capable of. I got up this morning to the fright of her and all 14 babies missing from their enclosure. Sometime in the night she jumped over the sides with all 14, one at a time, and had them all-everyone-safely buried in my couch. Doh! Lesson learned. You are now in a cage with bars you crazy Delta bird.

It is truly amazing what a rat mom is capable of. I got up this morning to the fright of her and all 14 babies missing from their enclosure. Sometime in the night she jumped over the sides with all 14, one at a time, and had them all-everyone-safely buried in my couch. Doh! Lesson learned. You are now in a cage with bars you crazy Delta bird.

OMG - good thing no one sat on the couch.... Guess she told you what she thought of the cage you gave her and/or of you - I'll just take my babies and leave that evil human person that is trying to be so nice to me and feeds me, etc....

Back