Should I take Momo in for a second tumor removal surgery...?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you have a tough judgement call to make. As for the xray, I usually make that call by asking - if I have it done is it going to change my course of treatment. If the answer is no, then I don't spend the money for it or any other test. So she is up there in age. Don't know how true it is, but some say being put under anethesia can some times bring on PT. I do believe that happened with our Kona. I think you need to think about her quality of life and how quickly she recovers. Is she going to need surgery after surgery, etc? Is that the life you want for her or is it better for her to just life out what life she has left. Sorry you have to make this horrible choice, but I'm sure you'll make the right choice for your girl.

So you have a tough judgement call to make. As for the xray, I usually make that call by asking - if I have it done is it going to change my course of treatment. If the answer is no, then I don't spend the money for it or any other test. So she is up there in age. Don't know how true it is, but some say being put under anethesia can some times bring on PT. I do believe that happened with our Kona. I think you need to think about her quality of life and how quickly she recovers. Is she going to need surgery after surgery, etc? Is that the life you want for her or is it better for her to just life out what life she has left. Sorry you have to make this horrible choice, but I'm sure you'll make the right choice for your girl.

I think ultimately I knew deep down that I can't in good conscience put her through all that if it won't make a difference. Doing the surgery just to have her for a few more months is more selfish than anything if her quality of life is diminished. When it comes right down to it I tried having her treated before and it didn't work. I've done all I can, because if what she has really is cancerous, and I have no reason now to doubt that it is - then I'd imagine surgery is only going to get more tough on her as time passes, until it finally takes it's toll. I can't have her cut open every 2 months... that's just not fair to her.

As much as it breaks my heart, I'm just going to enjoy Momo for the time she has left. She hasn't deteriorated yet, so hopefully that means she'll be with me for more months to come. Thanks for all the support guys >< I'm gonna go spend some time with her right now.. every second I don't feels like precious time I'm squandering.

Last edited:
Back