Saffi & Fable's Story

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update: Moon will be picking the girls up tonight and keeping them at a QT location overnight until I am able to meet her tomorrow night. We couldn't do the transfer tonight as Adia's vet appointment is at 7 pm.

You will hear about them before I will, since I won't be home til at least 9 pm tonight. :(

Ok, here I am posting! As you wish LA lol.

The two girls are currently at my work in the back office, enjoying some peace, quiet, beef and veg baby food, lab blocks and a cage that doesn't have cedar/pine in it! Ok, so it's an itty bitty hamster cage, but for the night it will do.

The first thing I noticed when I opened the box to take a look at them was the smell. Holy crow. They reek of bad bedding and bad food. They had a couple of poos in the box, and that made things even worse. They smell like a petting zoo!

But oh, what sweeties. The brown and white hooded girl looks like a badly faded Agouti, but her eyes look like a deep ruby, so I'm wondering if she isn't in fact a mink or cinnamon or something else altogether. She's on the more reserved side, a bit shy and did NOT want me to pick her up out of the box when I went to transfer her to the cage. But I eased her into the idea. She appears to have suffered some damage, her coat is in very poor condition, and she looks a bit marked up. A scab on her back foot, and I think I glimpsed a small one on her side. She's quite thin, and she appears to have suffered some tail trauma... it's quite blunt at the end.

The black and white girl is an absolute DOLL. When I (carefully) put my hand in her box for the first time she started giving me finger licks like crazy. It was so cute. Her eyes are bright and she's a curious one. When I put her in the little cage she only took a moment to explore before she started gobbling up the baby food. Ugh, I love her. She's not as thin, and her coat is still kind of crummy, but not as bad. Her black is rusting quite a bit towards her bum.

The mom in the family told me that they were in fact the second home of these two girls, but her daughter had lost interest, so the family decided to rehome them. I do think that the mom especially did not want them to go as feeders.

I don't have pics but I'm sure that Shelagh will remedy that as soon as she gets them home.

YAY another happy ending... I love those. So happy you were able to get them moon. I can't wait to hear more about them.

Oh I am soo thrilled to hear you got them Moon!!! :thumbup: You are their Fairy Godmother delivering them from that "home".

They sound wonderful...poor sweet girls. :heart:

I really wish I could keep them, I do I do... especially the black and white girl. What a sweetie. But I know Shelagh is way better equipped to deal with them and any health problems that may arise (or, will arise knowing their age and how they've been kept). Plus, I don't even have my girls all integrated yet (still waiting on Intro 101!! LOL)

Back