Revolution

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you get Revolution off the shelf? and if so at what stores? for puppy/kitten? I really think my PEW Chimo has mites, he has little brown specks in his fur and is scratching and has some scabbing :( I can't go to the vets right now :cry: and I thought if I could treat him myself it might be easier? But I've never done this before, my girls never had buggies so unless it came in with the food or bedding, I'm at a loss for an answer. :evil:

I only knew of one place to order it online before, where they had it shipped in from New Zealand. However, it looks like they are now requiring a prescription to order it as well.

It is a prescription only product.

The only thing that you could probably get OTC is an ivermectin horse dewormer at a feed/horse supply store. I have never personally used it however. I have only used injectable ivermectin or revolution from my vet.

It is a prescription product in Canada, so technically that is illegal. They cannot dispense the medication without having first-hand knowledge of the animal.

However, if the vet has seen your rats before then they may be stretching the client-patient relationship rules a little bit... and letting it go without actually viewing the animal.

That's interesting, I didn't know that.
I purchase it for my cats, who have been going to that vet for a long time... I suppose that's why I don't need an appointment, but I do need to give my number to show I have an account with them.
Thanks. :)

There's an online store that sells pet stuff. They are located in BC and they write that it is legal in their area to sell Revolution without a prescription.

Yes Jo, that is the website that used to bring it in from New Zealand, where they could buy it without a prescription.

It was never legal in Canada. I assume the authorities finally caught on.

Lise said:
Yes Jo, that is the website that used to bring it in from New Zealand, where they could buy it without a prescription.

It was never legal in Canada. I assume the authorities finally caught on.

Oh, so that's where it came from. :(

Back