Recipes

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My turn :D I can't really cook so I like prepared out of the can stuff
This one is my bf's sister's:
Popeye salad
1 bag of washed trimmed baby spinach
washed and quartered cherry tomatoes (however many you like)
1 cup cooked and cooled penne pasta
half a red onion (you can omit this, I hate onions)
container of feta cheese (as much as you want)
Zesty Italian dressing (let people put on their own)
Toss and eat

Macaroni Tuna Helper
1 can of tuna in water drained
1 can of sweet peas drained
1 can of mushroom soup
cooked macaroni
old cheddar shredded

Cook macaroni dump into bowl along with soup, tuna, peas and cheese, stir and eat
If you are the fancy type that know how to use an oven :roll: you can put everything in a casserole dish and put the cheese on top and broil until cheese is melted and crispy :D

I've eaten this so many times and I usually add pepper after, good on a cold day or when you are feeling lazy. If you aren't a tuna fan, some diced chicken works too
:p

papercrow said:
Mamrat2--My favorite summer recipe is picking up crabs from the local crab shack and drinking beer :p

Very true, but we are a little bit further away from Baltimore and the crabs are a bit more expensive here.

Edited because I can't spell.

Going to be having people over Saturday and am looking for a new recipe to try. Papercrow that one with the pot roast sounds SOOOO yummy, gotta wait until it is a bit cooler though I think.

Any other thoughts....looking for something that doesn't have much dairy in it for this one, or at least low fat on the dairy.

More recipes out there?? :flower:

Okay Mamrat2 my favorite summertime food (besides crabs) is BBQ! We usually get chicken wings and drumettes seperated, and sometimes drumsticks. (I use these rather thatn the whole chicken cut up because it cooks faster). Wash the parts and then rub with enough olive oil to coat everything. 2TBSP? Then add kosher salt, roughly ground pepper, and either old bay or one of those BBQ rubs that are sold at the grocery store. Make sure you use alot, (more than you would think) because alot of it tends to fall off.

While that is stewing I cut up potatos, elephant garlic (you can use regular) into 1/4 inch or so slices (again so they cook quickly). Then I add kosher salt, pepper, and fresh rosemary--alot of it!. When I make a portion for two it takes exactly 1/2 an hour.*EDIT* Doh!! Then you seal it up in tinfoil and add a little butter and olive oil--That's an important step!!!!

For veggies I usually grill zucchini. I slice in half the long way and then cut it into 4 inch or so pieces. Again with the olive oil, salt, and on this I use dried rosemary because it has more punch. Grill it quickly just until it gets grill marks, becuase it gets really squishy if you cook it too long.

Reading this back it sounds complicated but it really isn't. From start to finish it should take just a little more than 1/2 an hour.

I made something up a while ago and just recently I made it again and made changes and I thought I would share. I don't have a name for it. Also no measurements

First time I made this I made it as a side dish.
Baby Potatoes
Tomatoes
Mushrooms
Onions
Green Peppers (optional but I know it would taste good in this)

Cook potoatoes in microwave until cooked but not mushy. Leave skins on
In a saute pan or big frying pan heat oil and garlic
Cut potatoes into halves or quarters depending on size, put in frying pan with oil and garlic
after they start to brown, add mushrooms, onions, tomatoes and any other veggies you want.
Cook until all is hot or cooked.

Also this last week I had a bunch of people over so I made this a meal by boiling sausages, cutting them up and frying them first. Once they were cooked I added the rest. I ended up having way too much for our large frying pan so I had to put it into a big pot before I added the veggies. It still tasted good. I am sure you can use large potatoes. It's a fairly easy recipe.

Mmmm... Yum. LA that recipe sounds really nice and easy to make. My Dad's visiting so I'll make this for dinner as I think he'll like it too.

Back