Ratty Nicknames

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally missed what I call the groups.
Tatter and Tilly are the 'dumpster girls', for those of you who haven't read their story they were found in a diaper box in a dumpster!
Tyrion and Little Boots are 'snake bait' as a joke as they came from a feeder bin.
Mellow and Puff are the 'baby girls'
Delphi and Dita are the big girls.
And now Isis and Jersey are the he-she rats. Poor girls lived mistaken for boys!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

I won't name them all, as there have been quite a few. It's funny to see that my brain isn't the only one that works in the weird "must call my rats weird names" way :giggle:

A few favorites:
Steven - Stevie Wonderat, Esteban Loco
Obie (rip) - Mister Muffinface, Possumbutt, Sweet Potato
Wolfgang (rip) - Wolfie, Woofers, Waffles, Little W, Wolfbutt (before the neuter), Wolfblossom (after the neuter) :giggle:

Quote: Thanks, Vladina! That's Disco. I'll give him a big, squishy cuddle for you. :giggle:

Oh that's right, it's Disco!! My little guy! Thanks so much for giving him a nice cuddle from Auntie Vlad! What a sweet pea he is!

And I still need to read all the new posts since you wrote that, so I need to check all these cute names out. :joy:

Tembla, yes, Marc and I thought the same thing reading these..."Hey, Marc, look, we are not the only ones who use baby talk cutesy names for our kids and talk in high pitched voices at them!" :lol2:

xcat said:
Durdle, what a weird and wonderful name. Where did you get it from?

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2

Kyle and I named him Durdle by accident... We named Cinna right away, but we couldn't come up with a name for Durdle. He went unnamed for almost two weeks... We were "durdling" around. XD Kyle said if I didn't stop durdling and pick a name, he would name him Durdle.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=durdle

Wow, that is so interesting! I did not even know durdle was a real word! I think it is actually a very cute name for a rat though. :D

Wow, I love reading all these nicknames, so fun! Tembla, you had a boy named Wolfgang the same as us (my husband and I), son of a gun! And you also called him Wolfie. My Wolfgang passed away too. Of course we still miss him madly. I am sure he is playing with your Wolfie at the Bridge, for sure. :hugs:

Wolfgang on the left and his brother Klausse (aka Klaussey Mouse) on the right..when they were still very young boys. I love you and miss you my sweet babies...

Klausse's face looks to me so much like my Tyrion.
3agy8u9y.jpg

Sterling, Tyrion is beautiful! And wow, he DOES look very much like my Klausse did...same dumbo ears. fur coloring and face...Klausse was a Russian Blue. Is that what Tyrion is? He is a doll... :heart:

Haha! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does this! I have a bad habit of nicknaming all of my pets.. and my friends and family aswell!

With my current group (and my roomie's boys) we have:
Cheswyck: Chessy Wickivan, Chesmix, Wickity, and Wiggity Wack
Dover: Beautiful naked man, Dovey wove, my nakie
Roman: Romaskeedo, Skeedo, Skeedoski, Row Row Row your boat, Roski, Ro Ro, Skeeter
Lionel: Lee-oh-nel-ee-o, Liiiiionel
Chester: Baby, Le Baybay, Baybeh, Bubba, Bello
Tober: Toby, Toobytoes, Toby
Cooper: Coopah cheese, Poopie scoops, Cooper poops, Coopah-cheeno
Ratticus: Fatticus, Ratto-keeso, Ro-to-kees, Key-key, Ri-ri-co-co, Ro-to-qui-qui, fat man
Romulous: skinny naked, Romulos-o, Rommy, Rom rom
Dorian: Chubbs, Chubby lady, Chub-a-lubbakis

And I refer to them all as either the Pipsqueaks, or the Rodinski's.

We have a few new babes and they have their nicknames.
Duchess- Dutchie, Duts Dutcherat, Ditch, Baby girl, BeeRat (she's a brat lol)
Smoosh- Smooshy, Smooch(y), Pretty Girl, Coco bean, Beanie Baby

I call them all my big boys or my little bubbas
Guinness=ginny, gin gin or my fatty boy

Jameson= jameSOOONNN, or curly bubba

Sosuke (soh-skay)= soskers,soskey moskers, the twin, beeboo

Ponyo= pon pon, shy bubba, or I sing to him to the tune of the anime song from Ponyo "Ponyo Ponyo, little rattie on my armmmmm, he's a little baby and the silliest of them alllllll"

I'll try to link the actual song later

Bailey= Bailey boba, Bailey bohbers, crack rat (he's insane) I shriek at him "BEEEELEEEE" or belly, belly boba,smudgie nose (his smudgie butt was taken away when he got neutered so now it's mostly white)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Kiki (RIP) - Keeks, Kiki-pants
Robin - Rob-rob, Robin-pants, Robbie
Ben - Benny, BenBen, Benny-pants
Chase - Chasey, Chasey-pants, the troublemaker
Boris - Boris (said in a bad Russian accent and a deep voice), Bor-Bor
Boomer (RIP) - Boom, Boomey, Boom-boom
Sheldon Cooper - Shelly, Shelly Belly, Shelly-pants, Shelly White Belly, Sheldon, Sheldon Cooper the Pooper

Robin, Chase and Sheldon are also collectively known as "the jerks"
Ben, Kiki (RIP), Boomer (RIP), and Boris are known as "the nice boys"
I call them the boys or my babies.

Oh yes... the groups have names as I've mentioned. The boys are just usually called 'my boyses' or the 'fat rats' as they seem HUGE to the girls who are older then them.
Tatter and Tilly are still the 'Dumpster girls' or the 'wild things.'
Duchess, Dita, Delphi, Mellow, Puff, Jersey and Isis are known as the 'crazy bunch'...or 'moochers' as anytime they smell us cooking they clang around the cage and hang off the bars.
And then special little Smoosh is by herself for now until we can try intros. Possibly with Duchess. I will always keep her in a smaller single level cage with wide low hammocks as her balance worries me and I don't want her to fall.

Haha someone else has a Sheldon from BBT!!

Sheldon- Shelly, Buboo, hey no stop that
Penny- sweet girl, my little athlete
Leonard- cuddle bum, potato

I don't really use a high voice with my babies. I typically speak low and slow since I grew up with dogs and am still in the habit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheldon said:
Haha someone else has a Sheldon from BBT!!

Sheldon- Shelly, Buboo, hey no stop that
Penny- sweet girl, my little athlete
Leonard- cuddle bum, potato

I don't really use a high voice with my babies. I typically speak low and slow since I grew up with dogs and am still in the habit.

Yes and my kids want to name the next one Leonard

Back