Possibly Pregnant Girl - Tabitha - is not pregnant!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the one advantage of a single rattie is that I don't have to separate her from anyone. I'll be on the quest for a shoe box for her to nest in. Her cage is in the rat room so she can hear and smell the other ratties. Hopefully she won't feel too lonely.
I gave her some scrambled eggs last night for a treat and she loved them. Perhaps some oatmeal this morning for breakfast...

So do we need to rename this thread so we can keep watching on her. She is now in need of a thread :)

Yes, I was just thinking that.

Weighed her last night - 274 grams. Which in and of itself is not crazy. But that still looks like a baby belly to me! She is very active and curious and loves food. She grabs it a little too enthusiastically, but that comes from being starved I think. She is in much better condition than when Mia9-28 picked her up, but she still has a way to go as her hips are too prominent, etc. I can't get her to stay still long enough to get a decent picture of her!

So I had to bribe Tabitha to sit still for a moment. She was crawling all over my old girl Bonnie

b528f80bd13fe157989b1d95535f7280.jpg

So I had to break out the Cheerios:

2687f3ef7157abcee5d34ebf2016dc3e.jpg

She is a doll... :)

OK, so last night Tabitha weighed 292 gm, but tonight she weighed 281 gm. Hmmm...
She still looks preggo to me. I put the nesting box in her cage and took out the hammies just in case.

What I can say with confidence is that she has gained over 100 gm in one week!

OK, so last night Tabitha weighed 292 gm, but tonight she weighed 281 gm. Hmmm...
She still looks preggo to me. I put the nesting box in her cage and took out the hammies just in case.

What I can say with confidence is that she has gained over 100 gm in one week!

Its probably a typical late-pregnancy stall...she should continue to gain weight the next night.

300 grams tonight, so up 19 from last night. Right now she is hanging out with Juno for a little company. Juno doesn't care that Tabi has hair. :giggle:

Tabi has gained another 12 grams, bringing her up to 312g. No babies yet though, so they won't have the same birthday as Mouse's. But a litter of four would be awesome!

Back