Poop Question - Soy Milk?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chel

I gave my girls some soy milk yesterday, I gave it to them in a soup mug and filled it up quite a bit to ensure that they could reach it. Well, they drank it ALL in like, half an hour! I guess that means they like it. Today though there is some middle of the road poop (not quite liquid, not quite solid) and having fought with coccidia, I'm paranoid. Just wondering if anyone else's rats get the squirts when they drink too much soy milk. Also there was one in the litter box and one not in the litter box (Rose tends to use the litter box, Petunia hasn't got the hang of it yet) So I'm thinking maybe they each did one or maybe Rose didn't make it the first time, and its Petunia who has suffered the Coccidia the worst in the past. It doesn't look/smell (ew) the same as when they were sick with Coccidia but again if this is abnormal I want to know. Anyway thanks!

When my rats get soy milk ... which is rare, it is a small amount mixed with something else ... cooked oatmeal, baby cereal, etc.

Sounds like you gave them way too much.
In the future, I would suggest that a small amount is added to something else (see above),
or they are given a very, very small amount on a saucer.
It isn't something they need ....

Yeah, sounds like they went on Soy Milk overload!

Next time, a little in a tiny dish/saucer will be enough ;)

oops, silly me thinking they wouldnt find a way to get to something yummy, it makes me feel better for sure. thanks all

When my rats get soy milk ... which is rare, it is a small amount mixed with something else ... cooked oatmeal, baby cereal, etc.

Sounds like you gave them way too much.
In the future, I would suggest that a small amount is added to something else (see above),
or they are given a very, very small amount on a saucer.
It isn't something they need ....
I mean soy has cancer-preventing effects on rats, or so I’ve heard.

It’s probably just too much liquid. The same would happen to humans if we drank too much of it.

Back