Past Fosters

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cait

Hey all! I was looking through my old piccies, and found a lot of my foster babies' pics. I just wanted to share. :)

You guys probably know these boys. Will, Carter, and Dean were 3 brothers who I had to drive for 5 hours to reach. Along with them were 5 girls, 5 female mice, 2 male mice, 2 boy chinchillas, 4 girl gerbies, and 3 rabbits. All of the other's were placed almost immediatly, I am happy to say. Will and Carter sadly passed on while in my care due to URI's. Dean found his forever home a week later.

Dean, Will, and Carter on the bottom
IMG_1604.jpg

Before those boys was a pair of bucks: Ernie, an agouti and William, a hooded lilac. This was back in.. February, I believe? They were dumped at the pound here, and they only take dogs and cats, so I took them both. Both of these boys found a home in Kansas City, together.
IMG_2909.jpg

IMG_2501.jpg

Those are the only foster rats I've had. On to the rest of the critters!!

CoCo Chanel is my current foster. She is a German shorthair/Doberman mix. She is just plain ADORABLE. Her owners had no time for her. :( She is SO sweet.

IMG_2665.jpg

Kaylee and Dottie, two cocker spaniels, Jay, a chihuahua, Butter and Lester, two shepherd mixes, Morgan, a rottie mix, Saen, another shepherd mix, PLUS two guinea pigs, two turtles, and about 27 cats were part of a MASS rescue. I had 5 dogs at my house. :0 All of them were rehomed within the month.

Kaylee
IMG_0127.jpg

Morgan
IMG_0124.jpg

The piggies
IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

Butter
IMG_0110.jpg

Lester
IMG_0111.jpg

Jay
IMG_0108.jpg

Then there was Mo and Vinny, two piggies who came here from a person who didn't want them anymore. Both are still together, and very happy now. :)

Mo
Mo6xmas.jpg

Vinny
NEWPIGGYEARS.jpg

Banana was from around November. She had belonged to a friend, but, he lost interest. She is also in her forever home. She's is SUCH a sweetie.
Nana.jpg

Presley found US when we just moved here. We thought he was a she for quite a bit of time... :oops: We had been calling him Gracie, LMAO. He now lives with my aunt.
gracie.jpg

I think that's everyone from the past 2 years. :D

Butter looks a little like how our Rocko looked at that age. Cute floppity ears.

You've had quite a few little loves come through your home! Lucky you.

Thanks, guys!
:D
You don't know how close we came to keeping Butter.. Oh she and Lester were just absolute DOLLS. They were so well behaved and so great with manners while they were here, and they hadn't been taught a thing.

I wish we were allowed to have fosters. :( My parents were always against having too many pets and since we have a retriever, two cats, and two rats, they feel this house has reached its max.

Maybe my new housemate won't mind helping to foster an animal in Guelph :D

What sweethearts. It's so good for them to have a temporary home as you find homes for them... That's so awesome.

Kudos to you and all that do it.

Back