One rat left

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graceh__

Hello! I made an account here to write a thread about my rat Willow, because she suddenly became paralyzed from an ear infection or maybe something more, the day we had just brought her to the vet to get medicine. Before I could post my thread though she suddenly had a seizure and passed last night.

Willow had a sister named Suki and now I'm worried about how Suki will be. They have been through this together with their other sister Zippy who passed over a year ago, but they had each other to feel better. Now though, Suki is alone and I want advice on what I can do to help her. I know I should spend a lot of time with her, even more than before, and maybe spoil her extra. I want to know if this is really okay for her, my situation is that I don't want to get more rats, since 1) the loss of my 2 rats has broken my heart and I dont know if I can go through it again after Suki, and 2) Suki is 2 years and 2 months old, who was said to only have a few months left to live back in October because she had a lot of scar tissue in her lungs due to her health issues in the past. Suki has been doing super good health wise, despite her situation, and she takes prednisolone/prednisone every other day since its terminal.

Will she be okay to live out the rest of her life without another rat, everything ive seen says I either have to give her away or get more rats :(These 3 are my first rats ever so I feel a little lost, so far she seems a little bit irritated with me but Im just trying to sit with her and talk to her. I did show her willows body once she passed because I had read that maybe it helps them understand why their friend will be gone, would this have traumatized her maybe? Any help at all is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Last edited:
Back