Not medical advice but experiece with degloviNG??

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad you found the cause so you could get it out of there before it happened again. Your girlie must be sooooo happy she is back with her family.
I would encourage you to save up for the tumor removal. It is so easy to have it removed when it is small. It is really sad to say goodbye to a happy, bright rat just because they have a tumor that has ruptured.

Yes, that is my next step. I am hoping to start making payments to my account (like a savings) for emergencies and for the tumor care for both rattie and dog :)

Shadow is doing awesomely with about 3/4 inch left to finish healing. No reptiles for this house...my female guppy had 35 babies so that is where that 15g will be going to use :) I did however end up with a tom cat and a poor little boy hamster who was abused at some point and is not very friendly. We have an agreement, he goes to the top and I feed him. I open the door and put the ball up to it, he crawls in and runs while I clean his cage and then we open the doors and he goes back into his cage. I do NOT attempt to force myself on him...I will sometimes lay my hand in his cage and he will sniff it a couple of times...sometimes allows me to run a finger over him but that's it...he's gone. Poor little guy...hope he comes around some day, if not, he at least has a peaceful life now.

Yay Shadow!
I'm glad you are giving that hammie a second chance. I hope he comes to realize his old life is the past and that his new life has so much to offer.

Back