Noshi - Dec. 2012 to Dec. 16, 2014

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

My poor wonderful clown...what a wretched life he led prior to him coming home.

He was used as a breeder for feeders for a guy who didn't seem to understand that you need to actually feed the rats to keep them alive and breeding.

These poor rats (I took in 8) were lice-ridden, starved to emaciation, most of them, and were filthy. Noshi was soo skinny, and his weight kept going up and down as his body dealt with the starvation...he really scared me for the first few months as he would get skinny, then bloat up, as I had no idea what long term damage the starvation would take on his body.

But he finally grew fat and happy, and his real personality blossomed...he was a goof :) Unfortunately he also became hormonal and had to be neutered to stay with this brothers (3 of the 4 boys had to be neutered). But it still didn't work, he was still randomly attacking his brothers. I had him alone a short while then tried him with girls, and this is where he was happiest :D

When he started to lose weight, and his condition changed, and I wanted to make sure he got plenty of supplementing, he became a very happy Overnighter who seemed to bounce back pretty well. Then he suddenly regressed and left us. :(

Noshi when I got him home

Jan2514Minkhoodiemale2.jpg~original

Jan2514Minkhoodiemale4.jpg~original

Jan2514Minkhoodiemale3.jpg~original

Jan2541Minkhoodiemale2.jpg~original

Happy, friendly boy :D

Feb814Noshi.jpg~original

Noshi, starting to feel better :)
Jan2814Minkboy4.jpg~original

Full health :)

Apr1214Noshi.jpg~original

Pizza helps anyone feel better :D

Sep1314Noshi.jpg~original

His new girls

Sep1414NoshiandHoney.jpg~original

Noshi in with his harem, showing Happy Eyes :heart:

Sep1414Noshiandhisgirls.jpg~original

My lovely boy before he left

Dec1014Noshistruggling-1.jpg~original

It is just amazing that people can keep their animals like that. He was so painfully thin when he came to you, and probably quite close to leaving early for the Bridge. His angel sent him to you as he knew you would be patient with him and help him find peace with the right rattie family. It looks like he found the home he always wished for.
Rest easy sweet Noshi :heart:

Back