Nina's tumor part 2

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm; it may have somehow cut off it's own blood supply and the body rejected the rest of the tissue. Very interesting, to say the least - let's hope there's some kind of healing process going on here. Fingers crossed for you and her

Makes me wonder if it was more of a hemaetoma from the surgery (where blood fills up around a surgical site); or, it may have cut off the blood supply to the surrounding tumor/tissue which the body is trying to heal. The thing to see now is if this area starts to heal up. Keeping fingers crossed for good results. Wondering if this could have been more of an infection and blood buildup which the body was trying to heal for the past little while? Keep us posted.

I will definitely keep updating as it progressing...I'll have the vet take a look at it and see what she thinks.. She seems fine and no paid so I cleaned the cage and replaced all bedding with fleece.

Just got off the phone with the vet who was just as shocked as I was last night haha she wanted to see her tomorrow so her appt is at 2:20. She said she will give her some more antibiotics just because it is exposed flesh so we don't want infection getting in there even though she did just finish a round of antibiotics from her last visit

Ok so vet said the tumor most likely outgrew its blood supply and died off.. There is scar tissue from her previous surgery so she gave us another round of amoxi and if it doesn't show signs of closing in the next week or so then we will take her back so she can suture it shut

As for if it will grow back we won't know unless it happens but for now she has a clean bill of health

That's awesome, I felt so bad for you and her. Did it actually fall off - like you had the mass or did it "burst" and leave that wound? So glad its gone and hopefully that is the end of her ordeal. :love2:

It either fell off or she chewed it off .. It was there that morning when I fed them and when I went back at about 6ish that evening there was just a crater of red/pink flesh were it used to be. The vet is a little concerned because its a good half inch across so she isn't sure if her body will grow new skin to cover it.. I think we will probably end up having to close it but we wanna see if she can heal it on her own first and we are struggling right now financially so she was nice enough to only charge us half for the visit...if she had said that it had to be closed then of course I would have it done no matter what.

Well nina's wound is healing nicely however earlier when I went to give her meds she had alot of dark red porphyrin coming from her nose and she now has a new tumor growing on the opposite side of her groin....I am so heart broken right now...for her..for me cause I was so hopeful that the death of the old tumor would be the end but silly me to think for a moment that cancer could go away....I'm gonna be keeping an extra close eye out for signs of pain cause god only know were else it has spread to now...Poor girl :(

There is also another one behind her front right leg that I somehow didn't see until I came back in to fill food bowls for the night...Vets original time line for her might be right as just Tuesday she was tumor free :(

Nina is doing good..tumors don't seem to be growing her fast so that's a plus. I called the vet to let her know what was going on so now we just watch and wait until its her time to go

So we now have a tumor under our other arm making 3 tumors now that I've found that is...Even though she seems fine I am starting to consider having her pts soon as I don't want her last remaining days to be painful and miserable but I also don't wanna cut her life any shorter than its going to be... So confused :(

I would wait until she has a problem. I euthanized my girl when the skin split over the tumor. It was already healing over by the next morning, but I knew then that it was only a matter of time. But she can be very happy up until then. My girl had big tumors, but she cheerfully dragged herself around (had HED too) for ages.

So Nina is bleeding into the tumor that's in front of her back leg.. Seems to be dried up for now but is this something I should consult the vet about? She still seems fine.. Sleepy but no pain thankfully. I feel so bad for her... Its like watching a fatal accident in slow motion :( she is finally warming up to me which makes this that much harder.

Well Nina has now chewed half of her tumor off so I am assuming the dried blood is itching or causes discomfort in some way...Still debating whether to call the vet or not as I am not sure if there is anything she can do other than prescribe another round of amoxi as precaution..

Nina is not doing well tonight and unless she magically feels better in the morning this will be her last night with us :( I checked her earlier..thanks to her brother jack! He literally stared me down until I asked him what he wanted then he went up to the hammock she was in and put his front paws on it and poked his head in which sparked my interest so I had to have a peek. There I found sweet nina on her side puffed up and breathing super fast. I of course woke her and then slowly got her to come out of the hammock. She didn't want to at first but I understood why once she stumbled out of it. She is a little confused and disoriented and her coordination is off. She is having a lot of trouble navigating the cage as she can't seem to judge were the ramps are so gonna be a long night of watching her since I'm afraid taking the levels and everything out might confuse her more right now. Her brothers as so worried about her..when she moves and lays somewhere they follow and lay somewhere close to her. I'm scared with Jack's old age and Alex's crappy lungs that they won't survive the loss of their queen bee :(

Back