New rescue landed on my doorstep yesterday - meet Toby

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering I thought you kept them all spayed. He will be a happy soul when he gets to play with them. JUst a few more weeks.

I hope his intro will be easier than Tabi's! We have graduated to 'familiar play area', but things are still not ready for cage time with Tabi.
I think Toby is afraid of the dogs. None of my other rats have been like that, but he definitely is very worried around them and hides.
I don't really know much about him. I think he has probably been a lone rat his whole life. He is supposed to be a year old, but his tail seems younger - it is so petite. But his weight seems right for a year. He seems very interested in the other rats anyway, without being aggressive, so I am taking that as a good sign. :)

Go Toby! You've got a lot to look forward to little guy, good times are just round the corner. That is, after your balls are chopped off lol Good luck handsome xx

Update Feb 8, 2015
Toby healed up just fine from his neuter and was introed to the group. He has gotten into a couple of wrestling matches with the boys, and the boys got all scratched up. I could see a few bite marks too, but they were minor, just warning nips, so I think Toby is turning out to be a good-natured boy, not interested in inflicting harm on the other rats. So now he is living with the nakies and Tabi. The girls think he's fun and will play with him and pester him, especially if they're in heat! LOL

Toby on top of the DCN:

image.jpg

Back