New boys humping spayed girls

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nyn

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Hey all,

Ive picked up 2 little boys today (first ones, ive always haf girls) and I am introducing them to my two slightly older ladies. Both ladies are spayed, otherwise wouldn't be introducing them of course but the males are not helped. Now during the introduction, so far so good and not many squabbles. However, the boys are now continuously trying to hump the girls. I understand this is natural behaviour but I cannot help but feel really bad about basically my babies being abused by these new boys.. I am doubting just getting them neutered at some point but my vet is on holiday until the 13th so it won't happen before that anyway. And the boys are only 2 months old so pretty young still.. should I be concerned in any way or handeling this differently? Is it super normal and should they just get used to each other? If anybody has advice that would be amazing

For anybody is wondering; the boys did continously hump the girls for 2 evenings but then everything quieted down. They went through a fairly quiet intro and they are now happily living in the big cage together

Back