My critter nation cage bottom isn’t keeping in litter what is a good alternative on the market that isn’t to expensive ?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ratsarebeautiful8

my double critter nation is very tricky with the tray because it doesn’t keep bedding what is the best alternative to it that you recommend by quality ? Tha5 makes something for all levels ?

my double critter nation is very tricky with the tray because it doesn’t keep bedding what is the best alternative to it that you recommend by quality ? Tha5 makes something for all levels ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221219-100151.png
    Screenshot_20221219-100151.png
    321.3 KB · Views: 0

@Ratsarebeautiful8

Put scatter guards on all 4 sides of both levels to keep bedding in. You can buy scatter guards made for Critter Nation cages online. These are usually metal or plastic or wood and can be pricey. Or you can DIY one using cardboard like what YouTuber Shadow the Rat has in her Critter Nations. Shadow the Rat also does not use the cut out wire platform to divide her double Critter Nation into a top and bottom. She has it set up as one big open cage as shown in this video. She also uses a cement mixing tub instead of the bottom wire platform, video here.

Another option: put under the bed storage type boxes on the big trays and fill with bedding. A 28 quart storage container fits perfectly on one half of the tray and on the shelves. Use two for the bottom tray or one 41 quart container.

Last edited:
Back