Milo needs a companion

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww, I am glad she saw the video and understood that he needs a buddy, that is great! If it makes your mom feel any better, having 2 rats goes along the lines of the old saying, "Two can live as cheap as one" theme for people in a living situation, if you know what I mean.

If you are getting a rat from a pet store, two to three weeks. If it is a rescue from a private home, it is much less likely to have a communicable disease and I don't usually bother (shhhh!)

Yowch thats a long time. Maybe I'll look for a rescue again. I tried to contact some from a list of good breeders, and I have no responses yet... We'll see I guess. I don't really know what to do now D:

Super Zanya, this looks really good..and it will be a win-win for your baby and also for the buddy you get for him...a safe home for a rat in need. Glad you located this!

Milo now has a friend around his age. As soon as I put them in the cage together they started play fighting and now Milo jumps and runs around like crazy and popcorning. I got another male to play with them a little older, but he has diarrhea so I have him seperated for now.. I gave him some pedialyte, what else should I do?

Oh that is so sweet he is so excited that he is popcorning!

Pedialyte is good. Why do you think he has diarrhea?

I have no idea. He just had it when I got him. It was a yellow-brownish color. He has had a couple syringes full of pedialyte. They have hardened up some, but still a little loose and the same color. They are all three together now, and all very happy :)
Which makes me happy. I am getting some more URI medicine tomorrow

Milo looks like a female to me. If the pics are from tonight she is not in heat. Get her out of there ASAP and start calling her Mila.

I am wondering if the diarrhea is from a diet change? You could try some probiotics and see if they help.

Milo looks like a female to me. If the pics are from tonight she is not in heat. Get her out of there ASAP and start calling her Mila.

I am wondering if the diarrhea is from a diet change? You could try some probiotics and see if they help.

And Malcolm doesn't look like a female? I thought I saw a vagina but I'm so bad at sexing babies...what am I going to do :thud:

That's what I'm thinking. I'll see if that'll help.

Aww lol poor baby you gave it a bath! I dunno. Malcolm is questionable to me. When I zoom there is a bit of a pucker where the vagina would be but it doesn't look definite. At 4~6 weeks old though he should certainly have pint sized testes though. I need more eyes! Someone else answer!

We found one little lice-guy hanging around so they all got a little oil bath as a precaution. They all look good now though. I swear in real life it looks like a vagina is there but we do need another set of eyes lol. Thanks for your input! I really appreciate it :)

Do you see any nipples? Nipples are 100% female... boy rats don't have them for some weird reason. Try to get them to stand up on their hind legs and take some belly shots.

Back